Great short hunt.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little time to try a new field that I have researched before it got dark. It showed on old plat book a farm use to sit in this field but wasn't sure where. I was swinging and finally hit the iron trash. The sun was going down quick. I got a good signal and a old one piece flat button. A few more steps and a repeatable 82 on VDI. I dig and out come what I thought was a U.S. Large cent. Rubbed it carefully and I see bank of upper Canada so I put in my pouch. I was very excited a few more steps and another repeatable good tone and out come another coin that looks like a large cent walked a few mor steps and another large coin. Took a quick pic of button and coins and headed out of field. I really wanted to stay but it was getting dark quick and this place will be here to hunt again. Took coins home and ended up being an 1852 Canadian half penny, 1844 us large cent and my oldest coin to date an 1834 us large cent. My previous was an 1837. Wow am I excited and ready to hunt this place while the weather holds out and I'm not working. My hands are still shaking a bit this has to be my best coin day ever when talking about old coins. Thanks for looking and good luck. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417303559.959978.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417303609.124619.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417303644.097460.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 25
Went out for a bit today and only covered a small area because of all the iron. Must of dug over 30 junk targets. I did find an Indian head and arrow head close to same hole and a first for me a half cent. At least that's what I think it is. Heading home to clean up and do wife's chores for me. This place is awesome and I only hunted a 100' section so I could clean out some of the iron. Here is the pics of the I cleaned coins and arrow head. Will post cleaned photos later. Happy guy here 😀ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417375515.996311.jpg

Oh man that's an awesome hunt buddy! That arrow head is a very special find. Can't wait to see the coins all cleaned up. What a nice site you've located

Thanks if I didn't have other stuff to do i would still be there. Can't wait to go back. The 1828 half cent is my oldest coin now lol yesterday the 1834 was. Hope to break into the 1709s but around here it was mostly Indian country then.

Last edited:
Just keeps getting better, I'd pound the death out of that place!!

Here are the coins cleaned up a bit from today. The half cent is a 1828 and the Indian is a 1859 I think. It's pretty crusty but I can make out the 185 so I assume it's a 59 ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417398300.535873.jpgsince that's the first year minted. Thanks for looking. It's going to be a long week working sun up to sundown. I won't have the time to get back there till next weekend. Good luck everyone. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1417398242.299260.jpg

Amazingly I'm yet to find a half cent. Yours looks pretty nice. Now go get the rest of the great stuff that's hiding there

With the area your in its coming you have amazing finds this year so far. Good luck.

I am sure you're going to find some more great coins, but if you didn't you really couldn't complain. With coins like that, you should have some nice relics too. I am surprised we haven't seen more brass in your pics. I know you're chomping at the bit to get back there. I wish you continued good finds.

I have found musket balls and brass parts but haven't found any relics worth posting yet. This site is impressive and I'm sure it will give up more. I'm researching who owned land and might have lived there. That's one of the fun parts of this hobby putting the pieces together from years past.

The IH is not an 1859 theirs no shield on the back the of an 1859 but if you put it in some olive oil for a few days you may get a clear date sweet finds bud...

The IH is not an 1859 theirs no shield on the back the of an 1859 but if you put it in some olive oil for a few days you may get a clear date sweet finds bud...

Got it soaking now. I will get to bottom of this. Newest coin out of that site that can be identified is an 1852. So I assumed it was a 185? May be in the 1860s then. I worked a lot of hours this week but plan on getting up early and hitting site again. Hope to find some more old copper.

More cleaning and olive oil I'm seeing 1871. It's in horrible shape but that's what I'm seeing now.

Got a late start but out on site and it's windy and cold. Going to try it for a bit but this may have to wait for spring. 😠

Got a late start but out on site and it's windy and cold. Going to try it for a bit but this may have to wait for spring. ��

Dig 4 keepers and come home. I always set some sort go goal fir the tough days. Of course If I hit a good area all bets are off

Got 4 keepers but not from new site. Winds were whipping and no wind block so went down road on 1950s home site. Got two wheats and a grip off a old cap gun. The other keeper was a musket ball from the new site where it's was too windy and cold to hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back