What's new

Green River Whiskey Medalion

Johncoho

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2014
Messages
2,862
Reaction score
7,292
Golden Thread
0
Location
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a finds from a day ago, but didn't have time to post until now. I started a new permission and it is looking good so far. 2 hours in the afternoon and 2 hours in the evening yielded the following: Newer coins 1 quarter, 1 nickel, 3 dimes. and 29 Memorial pennies. Also a dog license, a Green River Whiskey medallion, the whiskey with no regrets, 1912 V nickel, and nine wheats dating 1955, 1953, 1944, 1940, 1937, 1934, 1929, and 2 1919's. Not bad for 4 hours of hunting and I really haven't covered much ground yet. This place is one of the unusual ones that I don't think has been detected before. Hoping for some silver and many more goodies in the coming weeks and days. The Green River thing was an odd find, as I found one about 25 years ago at my brothers home just like it. Anyone know much about it? Also what would be a good way to clean it other than soap and water. It appears to be brass or bronze and there is still some gilding left on one side.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2900.webp
    IMG_2900.webp
    161.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2901.webp
    IMG_2901.webp
    114.4 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2902.webp
    IMG_2902.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2904.webp
    IMG_2904.webp
    99.4 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_2905.webp
    IMG_2905.webp
    122.5 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_2906.webp
    IMG_2906.webp
    99.7 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 12
Sweet finds!!

Couldn't tell what the Green River Whiskey token is, I believe the kid found one like that last year.

The V-nickel is in great shape, most I see are toasted. Good Luck hitting the rest of that site, should be some silver there!!
 
I like that Green River good luck whiskey token. I had one just like that but lost it.
 
Congrats on those finds. :occasion14: Sounds and looks like virgin territory :hello2: Good Luck and show us more great finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom