Greetings

mello yellow

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2023
Northern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Recent 3 are: Minelab Equinox 800, 900 & XP Deus ORX.
Hello everyone. New guy here. I think I can learn a lot of things from the users on this website to expand my thinking and ideas toward metal detecting. I sparked an interest in the hobbie in the late '70's as a teenager. Bought my first detector in the early '80's from Kellyco it was a Garrett Groundhog with VLF, had the toggle switch at the end of the handle. And quite frankly I didn't understand completely how to use it or what many of the advancements for that detector were for. I was a 14 year old with a lot to learn. I did however learn how to use discrimination and did well over the years of hunting. I've never lost the thirst or eagerness for the hunt and I've dug up a lot of junk with a few good finds.
I'm on my 7th detector now. Have met a lot of people in the md business and I am very interested in reading input from others on various topics.

Welcome! Theres lots to read and learn here, for sure!

Welcome to the forum, from Eastern Ontario.
Looking forward in seeing some of your recoveries
Lots of information and knowledge here and many will share openly.

Welcome !
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

I'm planning a trip to Florida soon. Want to learn Scuba. I wondered if anyone on this forum could tell me of a great place to learn and get certified to dive. And also if there might be a school to avoid?

Hello everyone. New guy here...
tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Hello everyone. New guy here. I think I can learn a lot of things from the users on this website to expand my thinking and ideas toward metal detecting. I sparked an interest in the hobbie in the late '70's as a teenager. Bought my first detector in the early '80's from Kellyco it was a Garrett Groundhog with VLF, had the toggle switch at the end of the handle. And quite frankly I didn't understand completely how to use it or what many of the advancements for that detector were for. I was a 14 year old with a lot to learn. I did however learn how to use discrimination and did well over the years of hunting. I've never lost the thirst or eagerness for the hunt and I've dug up a lot of junk with a few good finds.
I'm on my 7th detector now. Have met a lot of people in the md business and I am very interested in reading input from others on various topics.

tn_md.gif
I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
Thanks vpnavy!

Welcome from AZ! You will find the Tnet community a very good source for anything that has intrinsic value or is collectable. Read and heed the advice given here and your finds will multiply exponentially! ╦╦ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back