OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Back to the lost moose mine, while going over the old articles there were references to moose lake but this one was granite county. Being too far south of the story in question, I believe it lends credibility to the reports of searching for the Nez Perce Gold Mines of legend. Still the reports of lost Nez Perce mines cover an even larger region than Montana. Sometimes the stories seem like a real jumbled mess. But this is due to place names used over and over. An example is the great newspaper article on Bald Mountain, problem is there are lots of Bald Mountains in the state.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Just proof read Greg Family Gold which is the first story of the next book to be released. I think it is about 17 pages, so there is some meat to it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0“gold” and “the phrase " Saint Mary's Lake"”

0 “dust”
and “the phrase " Saint Mary's Lake"”

“greg” and “the phrase " Saint Mary's Lake"”

on a Nationwide News Story Search Pre 1922

So no Idea where he got it

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Can be found in three places we found. Two newspaper articles and in the rare book "Treasure State Treasure Tales" Moore 1950.

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the lost moose mine, while going over the old articles there were references to moose lake but this one was granite county. Being too far south of the story in question, I believe it lends credibility to the reports of searching for the Nez Perce Gold Mines of legend. Still the reports of lost Nez Perce mines cover an even larger region than Montana. Sometimes the stories seem like a real jumbled mess. But this is due to place names used over and over. An example is the great newspaper article on Bald Mountain, problem is there are lots of Bald Mountains in the state.
As far as I know, the Nez Perce hung out in the southwest corner of the State, there is a mountain down there in the Pioneer range called "Baldy". There were alot of gold mines in the Pioneers, and people around Argenta, which is close to Baldy, still find nice gold nuggets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread