What's new

Groats - Heres a Fourpenny One!

John Winter

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2014
Messages
527
Reaction score
381
Golden Thread
0
Location
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Groats - Here's a Fourpenny One!

Today I take the opportunity to show you some of the groats I have found over the years. I was spurred on by the fact that yesterday, the 17th November, Mary I Queen of England died and the 'Virgin Queen', Elizabeth I, ascended the throne - that was in 1558.

Groats ? Here?s a Fourpenny One! | John Winter
 
Go John Winter Go! Another great post.
I've heard the term "Joey" previously and now know it's conceptualization. Thanks
Peace
 
Isn't a Joey an Australian term for a young Kangaroo? Nice story by the way. Uk money confuses me though. Good luck.
 
Really have my mind reeling now, in trying to figure out how the joey coil got its name.

Isn't a Joey an Australian term for a young Kangaroo? Nice story by the way. Uk money confuses me though. Good luck.
Coiltek, an Australian company, has evidently chosen the names of indigenous animals for their range of coils. Others in the range are Wallaby and Platypus ...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom