What's new

Ground stones, fire starter and others

TheTh3rd

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2014
Messages
349
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about the red one...

image.webp
image.webp
image.webp

What about the notch on these?

image.webpimage.webp
image.webp
image.webp
image.webp

Borer/graver and knife?

image.webp
image.webp
image.webp
 
Upvote 0
Boy, I'm just not seeing it. But don't give up, they are out there.
 
There are no signs of any work by man, just nature...
 
Not all round rocks were used. It takes a long time to be able to see the use wear on rocks you have to look at a lot of different examples to be able to see the wear and know if it was used. I collected rocks for years before I collected artifacts. Now its the best of both worlds all in one collection. None of those show me anything but natural.
 
Not all round rocks were used. It takes a long time to be able to see the use wear on rocks you have to look at a lot of different examples to be able to see the wear and know if it was used. I collected rocks for years before I collected artifacts. Now its the best of both worlds all in one collection. None of those show me anything but natural.

I'm at work right now but here are other pics I took last night of the pecking/hammer stones... I realize not all round rocks were used. To me, these show signs of human use....
image.webp
image.webp

I found them in the area at the top left of the picture
image.webp
 
Last edited:
the first one looks like it has definite possibilities, but not so much concerning the second one.
 
Yeah, if the blonde colored area on the lower portion of the first rock is actual battered cortex/skin, and not simply a color change, then it might be a hammerstone. I don't see it with the second stone. But I'd be curious what usage you actually see on that stone, just to better understand why you think it's an artifact. Because it shows no usage at all in the photo. Not apparent to my eyes, at least...
 
Yeah, if the blonde colored area on the lower portion of the first rock is actual battered cortex/skin, and not simply a color change, then it might be a hammerstone. I don't see it with the second stone. But I'd be curious what usage you actually see on that stone, just to better understand why you think it's an artifact. Because it shows no usage at all in the photo. Not apparent to my eyes, at least...

I will get better pics of the first one once I get home... I guess I thought the other one was a tool bc I found them beside each other and it has that corner notch.
 
The large stone looks as if it was used from what I see in your photo, but the others all look natural.
 
I will show you some I found now some of these are grinders to. The old timers call all of these pounders but some are grinders.
Now the one in hand is a grinder note the color change in the stone from grinding and the smoothness
 

Attachments

  • SDC10329.webp
    SDC10329.webp
    643.6 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC10354.webp
    SDC10354.webp
    607.9 KB · Views: 79
  • SDC10355.webp
    SDC10355.webp
    527.1 KB · Views: 86
All I see are naturally fractured and polished stones. Nothing there has been altered by the hand of man.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom