Group Buy?

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Annapolis Junction, Maryland
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not sure if any of you would be interested in this.. But my wife has a fire mountain account.. and the other day while looking through one of their books.. I spotted a "rock/gem chart" which has actual rocks within/on the chart itself.. I believe the chart is $25.80 each, but if we all pitch in we can get the chart cheaper.. Let me know what you think.. perhaps Someone offical from TN can get these charts also or vouch for this group buy..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure if any of you would be interested in this.. But my wife has a fire mountain account.. and the other day while looking through one of their books.. I spotted a "rock/gem chart" which has actual rocks within/on the chart itself.. I believe the chart is $25.80 each, but if we all pitch in we can get the chart cheaper.. Let me know what you think.. perhaps Someone offical from TN can get these charts also or vouch for this group buy..

No problem with this post, work out the details with members who are interested in doing the group buy via PMs and you want violate any TN rules....

Anyone interested in a group buy can acknowledge it here and contact SW via PM for details as far as money......TreasureNet can not offically endorse this, but what you do in PMs is your business as long as all parties agree....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the voucher TH thats good to know.. Just wanted to see if anyone was interested in these charts.. But looks like we'd have to have at least 100 orders or more to see any savings.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew I could TeAra.. but I doubt we could get 100 or more TN users to partiupate in this.. and I thought you told me you have a FMGB account which we do as well.. I suggest we bump this thread from time to time just to keep others psoted or aware of this suggestion..

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
yes I do...I could probably wipe out first 50 items I am sure so I would be able to take some of my finds and make my jewelry with them

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple of mornings ago I went out to check the P.O. Box and found that I had a package.. Turns out it was the chart I was talkign about within this post.. So I'm wondering who is my secert santa..

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I had not noticed that before..Maybe they are going to come out with another chart? I asked fmg about it and will let you know as soon as I get a reply.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Hum.. well what I'm planing (if I can ever get a slab saw) is to create my own chart.. making the stone samples bigger but keeping the same design.. and maybe lable them better and in order.. (neat freak I guess)

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
if you can't get them cut just right then they end up looking like some of mine where you can't tell what they were lol then again it could be because i use a cheap table tile cutter hope you are able to make the chart

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
True I've seen these tile cutters in action and I'm not really sure this would be the best thing for me.. Yet it would be the cheapest. My issue is after tumbling stones I'm left with a slurry I can't get rid of.. So I haven't tumblers any stones for about two years. Besides.. this isn't our own house (renting) so I have to watch what and how I do things around the home.. And yes I've tried to get intouch with a gem group here in MD and they decline my invite on the grounds of my "views"

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that is not right views or not you share the same passion for rocks and minerals as them...I store my slurry in coffee cans and reuse them sometimes as a finer grain has worked for me so far and saves money. I was told that because I lived far away from one (which was about 3 hours away)that I would be better to find one in my state...I checked on those and they are at least 6 to 8 hour drive I mean I would have to drive half way across Tennessee.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
sounds like a pain.. There are those of us who want to so desperitly to do these types of things and yet the doors are closed to us or things are to far away.. and often we just have to make due with what we have.. Thats why for the longest time I was forced to use my dremel.. and now that I've had soem success with it.. I need to move on to bigger and better things.. A slab saw would come in handly now..

Upvote 0

TeAra

Oct 4, 2012
Butler, TN.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have my husband use his big cutter for some of my stones because i will not use it since you have to bring the blade towards the stone and I worry about missing some digits if i miss the stone while having to hold it and pull the handle...it is sad that there are many rules that leave alot of people excluded.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
StoneWhisper

StoneWhisper

Apr 16, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Case in point I have two forms of CTS which limits my ablity to move my hand & arms like I use to. Often I get up in the morning suffing with some sort of pain.. I've attempted serveral stones with my dremel and was successfull with faceting a large clear citrine.. yep this was all self taught and I fractured the crite in the cutting stages.. But After seeing this chart.. I feel that if I could cut the stones in a simular shape and size and create my own chart which would be almost never ending.. In the range and detail to how many stones and their veraitions..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread