Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say this, but I know for a fact there are numerous folks who lurk on these "state" threads with their sole purpose being to discover leads to sites to hunt - I've run into a couple while out hunting that have implied as much.

If I was a betting man, I would guess that since this thread has gone on for a couple months, odds are pretty strong that if you go there, you may very well find that someone(s) has been there already since we started discussing a group outing there.

Greed is a pretty strong thing in some people sadly. Just a note for the future - if you run across a place you want to try to get a few people together to hunt, don't give out directions and photos until people have responded in PM's and you come up with a meeting time and place near the site. That way you'll be much more assured that nobody beat you to the punch.

That said, it's still possible that nobody's been there and I'm always looking forward to hunting with new folks and don't mind a little road trip, so if we can come up with a date and time, I'm still willing to give it a try if I'm available.

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
Thanks kind of sad but doesn't surprise me I suppose.

I figured out what the site was from the info he gave out earlier but PMed him the info I'd gathered (one of which he posted) rather than going there.

_Rich_

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BlackX said:
Thanks kind of sad but doesn't surprise me I suppose.

I figured out what the site was from the info he gave out earlier but PMed him the info I'd gathered (one of which he posted) rather than going there.

_Rich_

I definitely wasn't accusing anyone here of going there or anything - just offering a little warning and advice for future outings.

Anyone still up to give it a try?

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
I didn't think you were. Anyone doing that is lurking mostly, I'd guess.

If the weather holds well, I'm taking my kids to the beach tomorrow before the low tide at 6:00 pm. I bought a WOT a few weeks ago just before I took a vacation and am anxious to try it on a beach. I'm hoping for better luck than my last beach trip (zillions of lobster pot pieces and little else).

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
i've been thinking about this spot since i saw this post !!!! ;D ;D i aint gone there... aint even looked at the directions... but even if someones hit it.... i'm still in !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Green1 said:
i've been thinking about this spot since i saw this post !!!! ;D ;D i aint gone there... aint even looked at the directions... but even if someones hit it.... i'm still in !!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Me too! I really want to get out there with a few experienced hunters. The things I can learn about using a metal detector is alone worth the trip even if I get skunked!

OP
OP
capt. sparrow

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
North Shore Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Sorry, about my execution of this thread. I just figured the site was big enough plenty of people could hunt it. I haven't been able to go due to "family issues" and I don't know when I will be able to. Please check the site out in my absence. Sorry again. Not the brightest bulb here.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
capt. sparrow said:
Sorry, about my execution of this thread. I just figured the site was big enough plenty of people could hunt it. I haven't been able to go due to "family issues" and I don't know when I will be able to. Please check the site out in my absence. Sorry again. Not the brightest bulb here.

Bah - no apology needed. I never once thought you weren't a "bright bulb" - I just figured you were just like me when I first started coming here - trusting, and assuming the best about everyone. Unfortunately over time for me, reality set in :(

Sorry to hear about your family issues, but those certainly come first!

I may get a chance to head down there next weekend - if I do, I'll definitely let you know how it goes.

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
Thanks for the info on this site and the "O.K" to hunt it. Sorry to hear about your family issues, we've all been there. Hope it works out the way you want. Since you were kind enough to put the info out, I will be heading out on Thursday the 10th of April. I will post what I find. Thanks Capt. and hang in there.

Rebelinmass

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Thanks for the OK but I would feel odd hunting someone elses spot without them (at least the first time) cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions