Group hunt old hotel?

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
North Shore Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
I have been posting in cache hunting about an old hotel site I've found. It was built in 1888 and burned down in the 40's. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together this spring when the ground thaws and do a group hunt. I have been to the site a few times and it is huge alot of the foundation is still there along with brick work. It sits right on a lake and is public property. It's easily accessible with ample parking at the public boat ramp and is only 5 min. from route 128 exit in Manchester. Woods, lake, old hotel, you can't get much better.

BlackX

Oct 7, 2006
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Explorer / Sovereign / Sidewinder
I'd love to. Sounds like fun.
(Need to get the damn Jeep working though.)

_Rich_ (been jonesing--went out last night and shoveled a bit of frozen sand/soil--found a '48 wheatie (down in some roots!) along w/ some clad)

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up in New Hampshire, but am always interested in hunting new sites and especially meeting fellow detectorists. If you don't mind a non-MA hunter coming along, I'll keep watching here for a "get together" time and join you as well.

OP
OP
capt. sparrow

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
The more the merrier. Like I said it's a huge site with lots of parking. Too bad we have to wait. I was there today and the ground was solid as a rock. If anyone wants directions to check the spot out let me know.

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
I would like to go too.Can i get an address i can type into my gps unit,,,I prolly drive by there in the worktruck every so often.

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
I wouldn't mind taking a trip up your way...if you can, PM the directions..(would be heading up from CT)....I'll keep checking back too as to when this might be possible...thanks for the offer..

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good to me. I'm interested. When would this take place?

OP
OP
capt. sparrow

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Don't know when I'll be able to get out but thought I'd give direction. TAKE EXIT 16 pine st. off of route 128 in manchester, ma. Take a right at the stop sign. follow the road for about 1.5 miles( it changes to dirt almost immediately after getting off the exit.) when it changes back to pavement there will be a public boat ramp on your right. Park there and if you look at the lake the foundation of the hotel is on your left. impossible to miss. you can see it right from the parking lot.

OP
OP
capt. sparrow

capt. sparrow

Jan 23, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=11838161377137303923,42.604147,-70.810833&saddr=exit+16+route+128&daddr=Essex,+MA+(Boat+ramp)&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll=42.638348,-71.052036&sspn=0.919319,2.496643&ie=UTF8&ll=42.597956,-70.803924&spn=0.014374,0.03901&t=h&z=15

I tried to map it, hope it works.

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Hmm, would be a little bit of a ride for me, but it sounds like a lot of fun! Let me know when you are going to do this. I (and perhaps my wife as well) will hop on the bike and meet you out there! Would be a great opportunity to learn how to do this hobby properly!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
count me in !!! i've done old burned out hotels b4... they're awesome !!!
please pm me when you all are ready... i have an mxt as a back-up.. anyone is welcome to use it..
if you have a friend that wants to go, but don't have a machine yet, i'll give them a quick crash course...

all the best.. rick..... :)

stanjam

Mar 23, 2008
Springfield, MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Green1 said:
count me in !!! i've done old burned out hotels b4... they're awesome !!!
please pm me when you all are ready... i have an mxt as a back-up.. anyone is welcome to use it..
if you have a friend that wants to go, but don't have a machine yet, i'll give them a quick crash course...

all the best.. rick..... :)

Very generous of you! My wife might want to come, but we only have the one detector. Would be great if she could get the bug too! (She is close, researching sites for me recently.)

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
consider it hers for the day.... :) :) anybody have a date set yet ??? i'm psyched !!!

rebelinmass

Aug 3, 2005
Lunenburg,Ma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, X-terra 70, sandshark pi, vibraprobe 560 and 580
Looks like an interesting place for a hunt. Capt. I think you should set a date so we can get together for a group hunt.

Rebelinmass

Cladius

Mar 8, 2004
Hey sounds like fun. Anyone set a date yet? if i can make it I also have a spare detector. Cladius.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread