What's new

GRR button by waterbury. Georgia Railroad?

Georgivs

Bronze Member
Joined
May 16, 2018
Messages
1,016
Reaction score
2,321
Golden Thread
0
Location
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this button in the neighbors yard today. Can't find a match using google. Maybe a button expert can shed some light on it's origin.

20200404_165022.webp 20200404_165027.webp
 
Thanks fyffytr1 & creskol, maybe with your information combined I can get some answers!
 
Upvote 0
I can't find a picture of their logo but I suspect it's these guys.

CGRR.webp

In business 1835 - 1963. Your button is late 19th to early 20th C. Maybe as late as WWII but I think a little earlier.
 
Upvote 0
It might be a C of G button, while looking I found this image of a very similar style CG button.
CentralofGeorgia.webp
 
Upvote 0
It might be a C of G button, while looking I found this image of a very similar style CG button.

That one is mid 20th C.

H18986-L75805933.webp

After looking a bit more I still can't match the logo. But the intertwined letters were very popular in the late 19th C.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
723
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Two What's Its
Replies
10
Views
640

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom