Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grrrrrrr- I'll get you Smiley Face!

Found out today our Corgi is rather good at keeping a balloon up in the air, even in the house he had four hits in a row before it hit the floor. Ah, yes, he did pop the balloon a few minutes later. :thumbsup:

Don

Added one more, not long after this photo, he did get Smiley. Long RIP Smiley Face. :(

Attachments

• Smiley vs Shorty.jpg
    Smiley vs Shorty.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 586
  • Almost got it.jpg
    Almost got it.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 566
  • Waitingforboy2.jpg
    Waitingforboy2.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 521

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Grrrrrrr- I'll get you Smiley Face!

awwww how adorable!! Looks like he is having a good time!

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer

Nothing better than mans' best friend keeping us entertained. I love my three "godless hethens" , but my world would fall apart without them. He sure is a cutie.

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rest in Peace Shorty

We had to have Shorty put down yesterday, over the past month he weakened and started to stop eating some of his favorite foods. At times we thought it was just him being stubborn, but last week, after a day of chasing Squirrels and the Turkey, the next morning, he started to wobble and not be able to stand.
We took Shorty to a Emergency Vet center and his blood count was severely low and also his protein levels. The Emerg Center kept him overnight, did X-Rays, Blood Transfusions, Endoscope of upper GI and biopsies. We were allowed to take him home last Thursday and on Friday he was walking again, and barking, overall about 60% normal. But by Saturday he went totally downhill and could not stand, yet alone walk, lost bladder control and stopped eating altogether. Sunday was no better, and yesterday we did what we did not want to do but had to do. :(
Shorty, the best doggie I ever had, he was only 5 years old.

Don

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh Don I am so sorry, that is the worse thing that someone who loves their pet has to do yet sometimes it has to be done! I hated having to do it with ours, it hurts alot and will for sometime! Just keep lookin at photos of Shorty and remembering the fun and love he brought tp ypur family! :dog: :love2:

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

I know what you are going through also. :'( The hardest part is changing your routine, you don't realize how much your life revolves around a doggie until they are gone.

He was a good dog, and you gave him a great life. I'm sure my Oscar and Snuffy will be great friends with him on the other side. :)

OP
OP
Don in SJ

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Felinepeachy said:
OMG Don, that is so sad. :'( Did they figure out what was wrong with him? I know how much you loved that little guy. I'm really really sorry. :sad1:

Thanks Mia, this it without a doubt the first pet that I was really attached to, and we have had quite a few in our years.

For all the expense and tests they ran, no true diagnosis. :( He was losing blood internally, he had some ulcers in the intestine, however, even though they did biopsies taken during the Endoscope, I do not believe testing for other cancers were done. The dx when released from the overnight stay was IBD with a 50/50 chance of survival, IF he showed positive response by Day 3, well he only had a positive response on Day2 and I think that was only a temp high from the blood transfusion. I guess we will never really know, I will e-mail you all the tests that were done, I do think they did try, but I also think they were not as up front as they could have been on the prognosis.

Yes, he was my buddy and is missed .......My 6 year old grandson who loved him dearly took the news this morning rather well, thank goodness, we were concerned of how he would react.

Don

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like my Corgi named Relic. Here is a picture of her when she was just a pup. She is 1 year old now but I don't have a recent picture. Corgi's are a hand full.

Sorry about your loss. We had to put Lady our family pet of 15 years, and my detecting bud, down last year. I know how tough it is.

relic1.jpg

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Sorry for your loss Don. I know it;s tough to lose a family member, and that's what Shorty was.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Don - I'm so SO sorry ...

:'(

I understand how you feel...

You'll see him again, he's waiting for you! :) :icon_sunny:

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Must be something about Corgis and Mder's

Here's Kayden

Attachments

• OH437_9026386-1-x.jpg
    OH437_9026386-1-x.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 233

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Go Shorty! Go! Too funny! :hello2: I love it!
That's the name of my fat little Jack Russell "Shorty"......Way to funny.Sometime's you can't tell the difference between them......Cool pic's Don!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread