gti 1500

gorester

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2009
Hey there everbody,
I was thinking about getting a Garrett gti 1500 and was wondering about the battery consumption. You know those batteries aren't getting any cheaper out there and the 1500 holds 8 aa battiries I believe. Also would this detector be good for reading gold? I live very close to Garland , Tx where Garretts are produced but my work wont allow me to get over there to check them out! I guess I'll have to play hooky one morning. lol
Any imput here would be super!!
Thanks,
gorester

The Garrett GTI 1500 is an excellent coin& jewelry finder. I use recharge-ables in mine, and get about 10-12 hours per charge. I wouldn't suggest it for gold hunting though. The best machines designed for searching for gold are those that are designed to perform that task. Garrett has two models. The Garrett scorpion Gold Stinger is a nice entry level detector which won't break the bank either. It also makes a nice coin/jewelry hunter too. On the upper end is the Infinium, which was designed to find gold in some of the highest mineralized soil in the world.

gorester,
you can listen to what folks say all day.

Get over there and swing one. :thumbsup:

have a good un............
SHERMANVILLE

OK John and Shermanville,
Thanks very much for your great imput on this subject. After swinging the Garrett gti 1500 and the fisher f5 at a local distributor, Ive decided on getting the fisher as it suites me the best of the two detectors. Can't wait to go and get one this weekend! I'll try and post my thoughts and experences on this new Fisher.
lCheers guys!
Gorester

Good luck with your new machine. :icon_sunny:

THE GTI 1500 IS CAPABLE OF FINDING ONLY SOMEWHAT LARGER NUGGETS THE SIZE OF BB-PELLET AND LARGER. HUNT IN ZERO MODE. MIGHT HAVE TO KNOTCH OUT SOME UNWANTED ITEMS.
BUT GARRETT HAS MACHINES JUST FOR GOLD TO. GOOD LUCK

I'm looking at a hardly used one for €400 with 2 coils and a bag.

Because I'm mostly going to be cache-hunting and nuggetshooting, I need to be able to seek a max of 2 feet down. Am I genuinely better to buy a detector to fit the bill like a cheap BH Tracker IV or a proper gold MD OR if I do as kdismuke1 says and "HUNT IN ZERO MODE. MIGHT HAVE TO KNOTCH OUT SOME UNWANTED ITEMS", then isn't the imaging a huge plus, especially as I'm working in fairly unspoiled virgin areas. Very little trash will be possible.

Thanks for any advice. Just don't want to turn down a GTI 1500 at a great 2ndhand price, if it will do 80% of my tasks. Imaging, (especially for max 2 ft down caches) seems like such a great tool to have. ESPECIALLY when things are 2 ft down !!!

Well I just picked up my GTI 1500 at the weekend and have tested it out. I love the imaging!! can't wait to test a few potential cache sites with it. Nicely weighted too. Really appreciate the contributors on Tnet that make the hobby so welcoming for newbies. ps I'll be keeping my pendulum too! best of both worlds. Hats off to Art as usual.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back