gti 1500

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbe here, love this form. Really learn alot from reading shermanville, sandman and other peoples post. I've got about 20 hours in so far and my gti 1500 will get a beep then on the next swing its gone. Tryed turning the sensitivity down to around 7. Didn't help much. Iam i getting high ground mineralization or is it something iam doing? Other than that it works great. Finding lots of coins and iam hook on metal detecting! thanks. Stimey ( my nickname)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GTI 1500 that does the same thing sometimes. All I can figure out is the foam inside the coil is old and this causes the metal coils inside to move a bit to cause the beep. Make sure your connector is clean and the pins are clean as this can also cause this beep. Don't have your cell phone turned on while detecting either. When you need to touch someone you can turn it on. :hello:

Most of these strange beeps go away with a might less sensitivity. I run a might less than most in the areas I hunt.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
If you can see where you got the beep come back over it and pinpoint. I do that and get old pennies.And I/H too. Same thing if you get a beep one way and not the other.

OP
OP
stimeygraves

stimeygraves

Sep 18, 2009
Maryville Tennessee
Detector(s) used
whites DFX with a sun ray DX-1 probe, whites eclipse 950, 4x7 excelerator, 6x8 SEF, 10x12 SEF and 12x15 SEF coils.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input. :icon_scratch:

TxCacheHunter

Sep 23, 2008
San Antonio, Texas Near Sea World
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT and Garrett 2500
Watch your display and you may be getting false hits from a metal in the lower end of the scale that you have discriminated out. You can see the hits on the display even though it discrimanates out the tones. I have a 2500 and run my sensitivity at 5.5 to 6 most of the time or it gets too many false beeps. I don't have a clue why Garrett sets the factory default at 9, which in my opinion is almost unusable. The flase beeps are my biggest complaint with the 2500 and expect the 1500 is the same. Don't worry, even at 5.5 to 6 you will still pick up pennies at 8" plus.

Good luck and HH,
Larry

Des from down under

Jun 26, 2009
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
I am enjoying this ..I just bought a scorcher coil for my gti and have only just tried it out..I again am getting a hit one way and not the other (i am in coin mode ) sometimes i get a bell tone coin signal then on scanning over the spot ..nothing..then a signal hard down on the left shows sometimes..I have found by using the treasure imaging button I can locate the previous signal..but i do dig a lot of expectant coin signals that go in the pull tab pocket..which i.m gonna save and seed somewhere one day ..lol..I feel a lot more confident on the coil that comes with it..and the li'l pro pointer i just received with it is great...I guess its just learning...just like buying a new gps or cell phone ..its differnt from the last one and one cant take it all in in one hit...pun...cheers and stik with it .......and just to prove a point im going tommorrow...

dfg4240

Jun 26, 2008
Pittsford,NY
Detector(s) used
whites eagle Spectrum. Mxt, Silver umax, Bandido ll umax, X-terra 70, Xterra-705, fisher F5, fisher CZ-70 pro
(3)Tejons, 3-Cibola, Teknetics T2, minelab Safari. Minelab SE Pro, Fisher CZ-3d. (2)el
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
I have a GTI 1500 that does the same thing sometimes. All I can figure out is the foam inside the coil is old and this causes the metal coils inside to move a bit to cause the beep. Make sure your connector is clean and the pins are clean as this can also cause this beep. Don't have your cell phone turned on while detecting either. When you need to touch someone you can turn it on. :hello:

Most of these strange beeps go away with a might less sensitivity. I run a might less than most in the areas I hunt.

Well I'll be darned.
I was at the park for the first time with my GTI 1350 and it was doing the same thing but now I wonder if it was my phone.
I had my cell phone in my side pocket.
Thanks Sandman.
David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread