GTP 1350 or GTI 1500, 2500

BobbyH

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2010
My wife bought me a Ace 150 this past Christmas. I did not want her to spend a lot on a metal detector until I could play with one and see if I would enjoy hunting. Well I must say that I am hooked. I want to buy a better detector. I am wanting one that does a much better job of eliminating trash. I mainly hunt beaches and city parks. I am considering the following models Garrett's GTI 2500, 1500 or the GTP 1350. As I am a newbie and on my own, I would like your professional input on what model would give me the best detecting for the buck. Thank you for your time

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum. I have the GTI 1500 and have used the others and find them only different in operation not ability. They won't eliminate trash any better than the 150 as that is regulated by the disc settings. In trashy areas it is the size of the coil that will help you the most. The use of the imagining feature is a nice feature in some cases.

nfunk

Dec 23, 2005
LaPlace Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, ACE 250
After using an ACE 250 for a year I upgraded to the GTI 2500 and love it. I dig a lot less trash with it and it is very sensitive and can go the depth. I have found a .177 pellet and a BB at 6 inches using discrimination mode, of course down here in the New Orleans area we have good soil to detect in. The GTI 2500 is heavier, but I do have some arthritis in my elbow and shoulder and the weight doesn't bother me. The advantage of the GTI 2500 over the 1500 is the "all metal mode" which goes DEEP.

Hopefully this helps.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread