GTP 1350 Stolen - help me find it

kirkkw

Dec 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Det_Warranty.gif

Help - I am looking for a Garrett GTP 1350 metal detector serial number 34064974. This detector was stolen from my brother's residence in Ft. Worth, Texas in April 2010. Don't worry, no one will be accused of being a thief. We know who pawned the detector. We have a copy of the pawn ticket.

However, for reasons known only to the Ft. Worth Police Department, the pawn broker, and God, the Police or the Police's pawn unit did not retrieve the detector from the pawn broker. Sadly, after both the Police pawn unit and the pawn broker were served a subpoena concerning the pawn record the detector has disappeared.

I am willing to buy the detector back, but more importantly, I am interesting in knowing how the detector disappeared. Whoever has the detector at this point is not important to me. What is important is to know from who did you obtain the detector?

Please send me a pm or an email if you know who has the detector or know anyone who acquired a used GTP 1350 detector in the past 18 months.

Now the significance of this detector makes more sense if you know the full story behind the theft of the detector. My brother (the former detector's owner) has already been tried once for capital murder and will again be tried for capital murder in January 2012 in Tarrant County (Ft. Worth, Tx.). The first trial ended in a hung jury and the detector may have significance to the case.

Because of the importance of the detector, we are baffled why the police did not follow-up on it. The lead detective in pursuit of my brother's conviction knew about the detector pawn record and the detector's location, but failed to act upon that information. Maybe the detective knew the significance it had to my brother’s defense and thus didn’t follow up on the detector theft.

If you have already made up your mind – ideas and evidence which don’t fit that conclusion are best ignored or buried.

Ken (kirkkw at yahoo)

Upvote 0

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
That sucks. You could also send the serial number to Garrett, as the machine might turn up for service one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread