happy, blessed, contented, delighted, fortunate,
glad, joyful, GTI owner. ;) ;D

have a good un................

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't base the positive comments and reviews on a certain detector till you know the sampling. Suppose 50 people only had good things to say, how many people were so discusted didn't share their experiences? This is why you can't trust field tests. Manufactures won't send you another machine or pay for a lousy test. I know from experience. Most of us like to tell the truth, but some like to eat 3 meals a day more than others.

HH,
Sandman

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
The more I use My GTI, the more I like it. Imaging is a definate plus, although if a person only digs or not because
of imaging, You might miss some items. Knowing this detector, makes all the difference!! I'm still learning!! :)
I actually like the "Belltone" coin indication. It might drive some people crazy!!
Detectors seem to be a love ,hate,, chevy ,ford kind of issue.
Good luck

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: GTP: It IS me---

All this "versus" stuff is foo-foo. I know guys like to argue till they are blue in the face about things, just on principal, but NO detector will help you if you dont take it where there is something to find. I tried this once in the Kmart parking lot, just to test the theory - nut was there.

The GTP 1350 is the GTI series, "Lite." It has Profiling, which is about all you should have. Too much meter gawking, expecting a detector to tell you if it's "junk or not" is really the wrong mindset.

Detecting is about discovery and you aint discovering doodly if all you do is wave your coil around and watch that meter. What you have then is target finding, not recovery. I like the GTP because it tells me what size a target most likely is and just what the target most likely is. Beyond that, no detector will do anything more. To expect more is silly and maybe you should take up golf if you expect so.

I am aquainted with the guy who helped Garrett develop the 1350 series. According to him, there is only the Imaging vice Profiling difference in the detectors, so take your pick. It comes down to how much moola you want to pony up. More is said about the 1350 due to it's middle-range PRICE...more people buy them, that's all.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have several detectors and having used the GTI 2500 for quite a while I miss the target size feature when I use one of the others. It really helps around old house tear downs where I hunt a lot because of all the junk I usually run into, especially buried aluminum cans. Bear in mind I listen to the tones before I look at the meter and use the meter mainly for a crutch if I am trying to decide whether to dig or not. Monty

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do use the sizing feaure of my 1350, although usually only once I begin to get a feel for the trash on a site.
I am tempted to go for more sizing resolution with the GTI series and may get a 1500 or 2500 next season. But I would sorely miss the elliptical coil on my 1350 - I have nevver been a big fan of those big round "steering wheel" coils.
The only round coil I ver really liked was the 8" "Brownie" on my older Tesoros.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread