Question about Garrett CX Plus

Doesn't matter how much it weighs, but it's mass and surface area on top. But it will reach six foot easy on a five gallon bucket.

HH,
Sandman

Thanks Sandman,

First positive respose I have received about the CX Plus. I have received several replies that it should or maybe it could. So I appreciate getting info from someone that knows what it will do.

Several years ago we buried 200 pounds of lead ingots six feet deep with a backhoe with the intention of purchasing a detector that would locate it. Due to unforseen circumstances we were delayed in testing any of them. Now we are ready to find one that will. We have a TM-808, but it won't reach it so we are trying to find something that will. We have also considered the Fisher Gemini III two box unit, but the reviews aren't that good on it.

We will try to rent one here locally to see if it will do the job before purchasing.

Thanks again for the response and info.

Dick

I just got my Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus with the Treasure hound 2 box attachment. Just learning how to use it..

WithOUT the 2 box, I can locate a baseball size of Iron 2 feet deep, but the 2 box won't detect it...

sometimes I get a little buzz from it but it would be totaly missed out in the real "field" searching!! To get that little buzz I have to hold it about 1 1/2 inches off the ground. Its made to hold about at your knees.

ANY OTHER Treasure Hound users out there, how does yours work? any tips?, should mine locate that size at 2 feet?

Mine, air tested a 1 lb coffee can at 2.5 feet and my car at over 6 feet. Looks like surface area is all important to absolute depth sensitivity. Interesting, because held at your knee level, you are already 2 feet off the ground!

Guys,

I have a CXII and have located a dutch oven lid at 2-3 feet deep as well as the old army ammo cans at about the same depth using the blood hound attachment. I reburied these objects in my yard (test plot) at the same depths and can them using the 9 1/2" coil. The ironic part of this is that I do not get great depth on coins with the 9 1/2" coil! The deepest coin I have recovered was at 7-8".

Seajay

I should interject here that depth also has a lot to do with the type of ground or mineralization. Since it works well in one area doesn't always mean that's the law of the land. This goes for any detector sorry to say.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back