What's new

Guess ill hunt today

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking at the (Today,s Finds ) section and since the rain seems to be moving out ,
I suppose Ill go hunt a little today , I just don't know where ; Coin or Relic that is the Question.

I,m thinking relic , I really do not feel like dealing with any people today & maybe a Coin will turn up:dontknow: Wish me luck please , I need it ::notworthy:

Ill beg my wife tonight to help me with any pics, if I find anything worthy to show.

If wish everyone else luck as well.

Davers.............:thumbsup:-------OUT!
 
Best of luck, I wish I could go detecting, but I'd have to shovel the snow first, then I would need a jackhammer to break thru the frozen ground...cry, well maybe in 3 or 4 months. Mike
you ever see those torches That roofers use that hook up to a grille type propane tank how desperate are you?
 
One more week of deer season and I can get out make that 2 we have a youth hunt last weekend .
 
Davers best of luck! Keep at it we all get into slumps. T Net may still be having trouble post'n pics.

JH I could have used that torch today, 3 " of frozen ground, ended up with blisters on my palm from trying to pry my goodies out of the frozen tundra!
 
Last edited:
Best of luck, I wish I could go detecting, but I'd have to shovel the snow first, then I would need a jackhammer to break thru the frozen ground...cry, well maybe in 3 or 4 months.

Mike

Sorry to hear that, bur at least the snow keeps everyone else away from the relics as well.

Davers
 
:icon_scratch:
One more week of deer season and I can get out make that 2 we have a youth hunt last weekend .

Man.. It's that dangerous to get out in your parts?

If I recall right , All of my County & most of the area I hunt is limited to Bow only [ I believe bow season starts 1st Oct-or Nov] but dont know if one can use a bow through the end of firearms season tho:icon_scratch: .

I see older (home maid) type stands all the time many wont hold a Blue Jay anymore.

That makes me ? would I rather get shot by an arrow or a gun I suppose it depends the cal, and where your hit.???
Davers
 
Davers best of luck! Keep at it we all get into slumps. T Net may still be having trouble post'n pics.

JH I could have used that torch today, 3 " of frozehttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3769116n ground, ended up with blisters on my palm from trying to pry my goodies out of the frozen tundra!

Man yall are making me cold. lol
 
Sorry BC1969 ( I type real slow)-The answer is---

First thanks to all for the good vibes sent my way yesterday.

I went to a site not too far from where I live That I came across last year (After seeing an old Wagon type wheel in the bank of a creek........( 10 min, lapse Wife had to complain/nag) :BangHead::BangHead: Anyway , from what I can tell was where a small "Skirmish" took place:

First last Jan or Feb I found a patch of Spencer Cases (all fired) & a few dropped Spencer Cartridges all in a id, say 20X 20 ft, area with squashed (fired) minies all around and up the hill side & from what I can tell the fired rds, consist of Enfield's , A couple Gardner's and diff, 3 ringers with a couple nice "Georgia teat base 3 ringers that were dropped IMO about 100-125 Yards from the main area .( I did post pics of these on todays finds back in Feb, I think it was)

I have hunted the area about 3-4 times since the first usually finding at least 1 fired minie but since the fall I have gone back 3 times the first time found 2 fired minies but the last 2 I dug at least 8 fired /Squashed minies & 1 44 or 36 cal pistol bullet ( fired but not in real bad shape).

Yesterday I dug about 10 more fired Minies with over half in good enough shape to tell what kind they were.:icon_thumright: I also found that coin I was looking for a 1960s Cent.

Just one more comment ; There is a lot of hot rock in the area & when I first hunted it I used my XLT in relic mode & the last 3 hunts were using my Tejon that IMO handles the hot rock much better ( tho it is a slow go) ;I'm just surprised at how many targets I missed before be it me the machine or the butt load of rain we have gotten lately.
& these soldiers must have been naked cause the only type of brass to come from the area is of the shotgun type oh and those dare 22 longs I must have pulled 60+ from this area.

So what it boils down to is in my opinion a few Fed,s had a real BAD DAY....

Sorry for the long post & no pics.
Best of luck ...Davers........:icon_thumleft:
 
Hey kewl digs, hope you find many more
think the pics thing is fixed now.

Mike

Thanks for the reply ,I thought my post was a little too long ,just wanted everyone to get a good mental picture of the area .
Davers.......:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom