Guess Who Showed Up on My Doorstep Tonight!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY OLD HOUND DOG SHOVEL!!! WOO HOO!!! Delivered by a neighbor who saw the face book posting I threw up last Saturday I think. I was beginning to think I'd never see the old dinged up rusty but, trusty pooch. Now I also have a pair of nice backup shovels so I am better off than when I lost her! My faith in humanity has been RESTORED! Adios. Kurios1

Shovel Returned Shultz 1948 Ugly Penny 005.JPG

wow are you old!
is that a hubcap on your wall?

you'll have to be in the same nursing home

You should be kind, and bring the old one for a little soft digging once in a while. Put a little oil on the blade so to keep the rust down. Congrats on getting it back.

wow are you old!
is that a hubcap on your wall?

Yep, old and should be dead 100 times over but, here I am. The wall décor is a classic mid 60's Ford Mustang hubcap. Would you like to see my Rambler hubcap?;D

I did not know halos came in chrome

That's what I like to hear. People hearing about a lost item and returning it. The way it should be for sure.

You should be kind, and bring the old one for a little soft digging once in a while. Put a little oil on the blade so to keep the rust down. Congrats on getting it back.

I got this old shovel used off E-bay probably 7 years ago. I left it out in the garden one winter and never retrieved it until the next spring! I will be working on cleaning it up now that it's made it way back home. I need to get a five gallon bucket and fill it with used motor oil. I remember growing up my buddies dad would put all his garden tools in the bucket of used oil. Kept the rust off. :hello2:

Congrats on the shovel return. I hope the same people that found it found my pinpointer too:censored:

Long lost, well used, tools are like missing friends to me. I even have dreams about finding them again and wondered where they were.
Glad you got your little friend back!

Congrats on getting your shovel back.
I have to admit, standing in front of that hub cap, I thought you were wearing some kind of helmet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back