What's new

Gulf Coast Coral

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
76
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a little gem I found a few years back when I lived down south.If you look real close you can se the polyps in the material.I have a few more I will post later.
HB
 

Attachments

  • Artifacts 001.webp
    Artifacts 001.webp
    30.8 KB · Views: 437
  • Artifacts.webp
    Artifacts.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0
Looks like either a Marion or a Levy point (per Overstreet). Nice made point in great condition.

Good find.
 
Thanks Stryker for the input,I believe it to be a Hardee .
 
Hillbilly,
That's a real nice little point! I'm not one to collect points from outside my area, but thats a point that I would buy for the material. Thanks for sharing bud.
badandy
 
Thanks Dandy,I spent alot of hours digging for that little guy.
 
NICE.................
 
Now that is different, we have a mineral in AR,
that forms like a little 'mushroom', & when broken,
looks like flower pedals.

Nice point.

Fossis..............
 
;D One sweet point HillbillyDown south to me would be across the river in Kentucky lol
Jeff
 
I hear you ORH, I'll post some from south of the river for you.
HB
 
fossis said:
Now that is different, we have a mineral in AR,
that forms like a little 'mushroom', & when broken,
looks like flower pedals.

Nice point.

Fossis..............


Fossis, I have seen those.....Used to vacation there as a kid, I think I told you that...You have alot of really COOL geology in your state....Tom
 
Huh... That's cool! Very unusual. We have a lot of fossilized coral around here and I would have never thought of thinking a point would have been made out of the stuff. Thanks for sharing, Razor
 
Thanks Newnan, I have been to Sonny's site and he's got some nice ones.I loved finding coral points down south.I'll try and post some more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom