GUN FOUND

coldstone543

Mar 19, 2005
Found this gun using my whites 6000 di series two detector about 8 inches deep in the canal area of middletown ohio.I think it is an 1866 derringer 32 cal colt navy pocket pistol based on the serial number.Middletown ohio is rich in history and I love digging it up.I will be posting lots of artifacts here soon if I'am not out finding more.

Attachments

• 100_0027.jpg
    100_0027.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0
Amazing find!! Congrats. :)

Really neat find!!! Man! I just wish it could talk. Imagine the history it knows. WTG!!! HH

Awesome relic! Tsgman

Great find.
Wonder if one of those psychic types that can hold an item and get a reading, could get any history out of it.
Anyone ever hear of relics being checked that way. That could be awsome.
Not sure if I beleive in that stuff or not, but it would be interesting.

Very nice find!!

Looking forward to seeing your next posts!

Nana

Cool find! If I'm not mistaken, that's a Colt 3rd Model Derringer (Theur Model). One of 45,000 manufactured between 1875 and 1910 and was chambered for the .41 rimfire cartridge or the .41 centerfire (which was rare).

Attachments

• Colt_3rdmodel_derringer41.jpg
    Colt_3rdmodel_derringer41.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 484
I was thinking that it is unusual for a gun that old to have a serial number stamped on it? Check with Colt and see if they have any history on it. Monty

Nice find. I would definately put that into a glass showcase in the house to make a good conversational piece.

Monty said:
I was thinking that it is unusual for a gun that old to have a serial number stamped on it?? Check with Colt and see if they have any history on it.? Monty

Monty, if you look in the back of a "Blue Book of Gun Values", you'll see that some of the big manufacturers like Colt, Winchester, Browning, etc. have a list of some of their models with a SN range and year of manufacture. I have a Marlin model 94 oct bbl in .38/40 original with a 6 digit sn. sitting in the safe that was manuf. between 1894 and 1934.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back