What's new

Gun Part or shower faucet pull handle?

BerntOut

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
160
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
South West USA
Detector(s) used
Deus, BlissTool V3, CTX, Vallon VCM1, ......forgot the others!
Dug this at a 1916-1917 US Training camp yesterday. Could it be a gun part as Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery (both heavy and light) trained at this camp. OR could it be a faucet pull handle....looks like a rope went through the one hole.
Decent artifacts are hard to come by where I hunted, I think it has been pounded! :'(

ALSO, could this be a powder horn nipple? It seems to be out of place. I found it in the same area.
 

Attachments

  • P3022273.webp
    P3022273.webp
    61.4 KB · Views: 414
  • P3022274.webp
    P3022274.webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 378
  • P3022278.webp
    P3022278.webp
    23.9 KB · Views: 384
  • P3022279.webp
    P3022279.webp
    66.3 KB · Views: 365
Re: Gun Part?

not sure about the first one, I'll look into it, the second piece looks like a nipple wrench for a percussion gun though.

l
 
Upvote 0
In the first photo, dead center of the bottom arm, it looks like there is some lettering or a stamp of some sort. Am I seeing things?
 
Upvote 0
I think we have an ID! Anyone else can chime in if they have another idea. There is a RR track about 100 feet from where the handle came from.....good ID me thinks!
 
Upvote 0
No its not a powder spout Bernt
 
Upvote 0
Okay Kuger, what is it? :dontknow: Could it be a nipple tool or some other gun related thing? :icon_scratch:
Did you notice how I want something I find to be "gun" related! :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
:laughing7:I want it to be for you too....but it isnt.What it is I dont know?If its a nipple wrench,I have never seen one like it :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, not a nipple wrench either. Nothing gun related at all. It is funny how it works, my brother is always finding gun parts while I find none when we are hunting together.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom