What's new

Gun part,wondering how old.

bilt46

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
382
Reaction score
58
Golden Thread
0
Location
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was a ball of rust when it was dug, a part of the #7 was showing that is why I saved it..It took a few months of soaking to get it like this....Thanks for the help..bilt
 

Attachments

  • 000_0003.webp
    000_0003.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 390
  • 000_0005.webp
    000_0005.webp
    80.8 KB · Views: 380
  • 000_0006_00.webp
    000_0006_00.webp
    102.7 KB · Views: 378
Definetely off of some kind of flint lock ??? No idea on the age, sorry. Someone will chime in I'm sure :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Not off a flintlock or any other gun I've ever seen ....... Maybe a thumb latch to a stove or gate or something :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
I agree not a gun part, interesting piece though. Some one will ID it. :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
I wonder if it's part of a chimney damper mechanism .
 

Attachments

  • dmp 002.webp
    dmp 002.webp
    9.5 KB · Views: 379
Upvote 0
Im pretty sure its a thumb latch for a gate.

gate latch 7.webp
gate thumb latch gate.gif
 
Upvote 0
I agree, no resemblance to any gun part.
 
Upvote 0
traderoftreasures said:
probably gate latch similar to this one i found.
yep that the part. thumb latch.
 
Upvote 0
l.cutler said:
I agree, no resemblance to any gun part.

I think it's part of this one but I couldn't get close enough to find out for sure :tongue3:

4778320.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom