What's new

Guy who ripped me off.

Monty

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
10,752
Reaction score
170
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the guy who traded me his "perfect" condition 1280X for my Seahunter II would have the gonads to get in touch with me and explain how he ruined the machine that he so bragged about when he sent it to me. It never has workded and when I took the cover off the battery box it was full of fine sand and the contacts were all corroded. I would like to get if fixed if not too expensive but I don't now what you did to it to ruin it. Looks like it was submerged and filled with water and fried the circuits. If so I will just toss it in the trash and let it be a $650 lesson learned. M :( nty
 
Why do people do this kind of thing? Evil little scrotes! >:(

I make it a rule never to buy from anyone who can't provide a landline phone number i can catch them on when i choose to call. If they're "out" too many times then sod 'em..i don't buy!

Hope you work something out Monty.
 
Man, that bites the big one >:(
 
Take a road trip to his address. It may be wourth it....Matt
 
Jim. I know the feeling. I was just ripped off by a guy popping in tnet and selling his bunk cap badges. Boy does that feel like crap
 
Maybe try First Texas now that they took over.

They may be able to get it overhauled without breaking the bank.

Sorry to hear about another cretin ripping off folks, the law should allow you to put a
treble hook in his tongue and hang him from a tree for a fortnight.
 
That's horrible Monty! Was it someone from T'net? I would give Fisher a call and explain the situation - maybe they'll give you a "sympathy fix" on it. Like stated above - might pay the ba$tard a visit... 8)
 
Jeep said:
Maybe try First Texas now that they took over.

They may be able to get it overhauled without breaking the bank.

Sorry to hear about another cretin ripping off folks, the law should allow you to put a
treble hook in his tongue and hang him from a tree for a fortnight.
I could think of another place to put the hook if you get my hint but wont say here. I would also pay him a visit with hook in hand.lol
drewan
 
It seems that this has become worse over the last few months or so. It is almost like a group of them have got together and made the people of T-net there Target .

Mike has been hit and now you ! And I do feel bad for what happen to you. It makes it harder for us all .
Do you have his email address ? And do you have an email from this person ? If you do contact me and I will see what I can come up with. You would be surprised at how many I have found this way over the years. It may take a little while but they will turn up again.
 
may the fleas of 1000 camels infest his armpits.
 
It's all over the country.From phone calls,emails, I think half the ad's in the papers are scams,
Its hard but try to take the high road,They will get there's in the end.

P S Dont trust anyone
 
Ugh. I hate rat --deleted--s like that.
I've been dealing online for 13 years now, including some very sizable transactions.
There's nobody more rotten than he who uses the impersonal nature of the internet to dishonestly peddle broken, damaged, not working or garbage merchandise. I view these people as being in league with those who take money and fail to send goods all together.

Whoever this person is, I vote name and shame. Once his name is logged as a scammer into the eternal book of Google, he will have a much harder time screwing others.
 
Sorry to hear about that- best to contact Fisher and see if they can remanufacture it to at least salvage the money you've lost to that evil do-er -hopefully they will help you out and at least want to get you a working unit to show their good name!

.... karma happens, I'd bet he'll be in for some bad times for doing that to you. that is so low.
 
Monty:
If all the suggestions fail, you can send it to Keith Wills in Gilmer, Tx. He has parts for most detectors and works on all models. He has repaired several of mine, including some prototypes... Good luck.
May the internet gremlins bite the a** of the crook that cheated you.
Richard Ray
 
ivan salis said:
may the fleas of 1000 camels infest his armpits.

oh, that's a good one & I agree! sorry this happened Monty. sad we can't trust people. but it's a fact of life now days. what's really sad is when you show mistrust, (actually just common sense) people get mad at you. what's a body to do?
 
Dear Monty Every time I read your post or replies I can't help but read in your avatar voices. from the Simpson I can hear it when ever I see him.That what I love about your avatar.
And to think some one took a vantage of you, or any buddy over a detector or anything is not kool.I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and go looking for the dirty bum,but I would be stooping to his standards.
I would call fisher and may be they have a hard ship clause,does T'net have a donation can for thing like this.Were we send the money to T'net,Then T'net sends it to the company to keep it honest. and you send in the detector.just A thought.

liftloop
 
It was my own darn fault for doing the trade and I wondered why he was so anxious to trade. It was someone here on Tnet, but I lost the address of the person and haven't been able to retrieve it so far. You'd think he would give me a personal mail note to clear his name since he is or at least was a forum member. If he will contact me on PM and make things right I will issue an apology, but I am not too confident it will happen. If nothing else I would like to know what he did to screw it up. Monty
 
In normal situations the polite thing is not to name names publicaly, but if if you don't id him on this forum, he may just do it again....just saying... and I hate that it happened to you, this is a great site, I want it to stay that way.

lisa
 
May the scumbag that broke into my house this morning, meet up with the douchebag that ripped you off ::).......NGE
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom