What's new

Guy who ripped me off.

naturegirl said:
In normal situations the polite thing is not to name names publicaly, but if if you don't id him on this forum, he may just do it again....just saying... and I hate that it happened to you, this is a great site, I want it to stay that way.

lisa

I went to the main page and searched 1280x to see who may have traded one. A couple over the last few months. Don't know if either one is the culprit but one does a lot of trading on here but hasn't posted since mid March. Hard to say whether he's be the one or not. All the trading he did, seems he might have been okay.
Could be he just hasn't been on T-net enough to see any pm's that were sent.

Hope that's the case Monty and it gets resolved.

Al
 
what comes around goes around they will get theirs :angry5: :angry4: :cussing:
 
Monty you have to name this person for the sake of others ,can you remember his avatar and his post name?
 
May the ticks from one thousand treasure hunters infest his nether region :cussing:
 
Monty, You must remember that what goes around always comes around!!!! This guy will get whats coming to him one day. I never put any trust in people today unless I know who they are or they must show reference to doing good buisness in the past. I dont care how bad things get in this world it does not give people the right to take advantage of other people. Sorry for your loss on your money. Maybe the detector company will cut you a break. Let us know how things turn out.
 
Monty - it was not your fault - even if he was in a hurry - when I buy something, I want it right away too.

BUT - for all those rip-off artists out there - and karma will get you - for now - here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Beth
 
Sorry to hear Monty.........

This is the reason I will only deal with someone who has been on TN for awhile and has built up a reputation..... I know it is bad for the new honest members but that is just the way it has to be for me........If I deal with someone I want to have their name, phone number and address, then I do a search for that address online to be sure it exists, and I will seach the phone number as well.......

Hope it works out Monty, but if it doesn't you really need to post his name and let Marc know so he can ban his IP......
 
sorry to ,sounds like florida sand ,invite them to the bbq coming up in mid florida. :o 8) :icon_pirat:
 
Post his or her name on here, someone will find them for you. And you might save someone else on here some money!!
 
Post pictures here or send me pictures of the damage! I may be able too help you out. I know a good friend of mine who works for Fisher and they will work with you. Also I have dropped Fishers in water before more then once and I will tell you normally with just some cleaning and drying out they will pop right back up and work or if you send it too the factory they have ways of getting the machine working again!
 
Also please just dont "throw it in trash" If you are contact me! I will make you an offer on it even with damage.
 
Monty,
I haven't been here too long, but in the time I have, I see a community that sticks together, and have each other's back. If you don't receive the wanted satisfaction, you need to post his information, and let the chips fall. With all the ticks and fleas that have been sent in his honor, at the very least he'll contact lyme disease!
good luck and keep the faith, people as this individual always slip up,at some point as get their just rewards.
 
Post his or her name on here, someone will find them for you. And you might save someone else on here some money!!

Did you notice this thread is over 2 years old.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Monty:

Sorry to hear about your pain.

What is the email address, name, and telephone number of the person who did this.
If he is near where I live, I would be glad to talk to him. I am sure that there other treasure hunters out there who would do likewise.
Was it sold as a member classified on Treasure Ne, if so what his sign on name?

Do you have the shipper and are you able to trace it to the address shipped from.

It is possible, that it may of worked fine the last time he used it, and he did not check it condition before shipping.
But I seriously doubt that, as the price you paid was too high (ripped off)
You can easily buy that model detector brand new with two year warranty with an 8" monocoil for less than $630.00
Or less than $750 with both the 8" mono coil and DD 10X14" coil. The underwater head phones cost around $85.00,

As the battery compartment is seperate, a good design feature, the computer circuitry may not of been damaged.
I would call Garrett and give them the serial number of the detector as I am sure that they would like to know about your being burned.
They are a great company to deal with and may be able to help you out!
 
kshollywood...why dig up a real old thread and comment?I dont get it.You had to know how old it is.
 
I had a bunch of threads up and didn't notice the date, it's still good though, if he never got satisfaction.
 
From the land of the Bluenose.....that is indeed sad. Use The Seahunter now since it came out....never a problem but have worn out at least 8 Freedom 3 Plus machines! Hope you git a good water digger me bouy!
 
Looks like a $650 beating is in order.
Baggins
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom