Had A Ball Playing "Tonto" at U.S. Camp & Congrats Breezie & MM on W & E Articles

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had A Ball Playing "Tonto" at U.S. Camp & Congrats Breezie & MM on W & E Articles

With Dman busy in his store, Tenn. Josh going to work at noon, and Tenn. Digger going hunting with one of his lifetime friends today, I volunteered to scout a U.S. camp. I hunted the site about 12 years ago so I knew where to look. The farmer had deep disked 2 fields and it was like walking plowed ground. As I entered the first field, I thought if I could find just 2 or 3 keeper relics given the uneven ground that we would come back after he drags the fields down or after a hard rain. I recalled that the regiment camped there were still using the smmoth bore muskets so few conical bullets would show up today. I dug a piece of melted lead and knew there would be dropped bullets around the campfire. I stayed 2 hours and found more than enough evidence for the Trio and Donnie to return. Note the piece of campfire lead that resembles the state of Louisiana? I kept it as a tribute to the Canefield Bandits.
A big congrats to Breezie for her first (and not last) Western & Eastern Treasures article. Modern Miner has a very interesting article in the same issue. That's his second published article in that magazine. He's also pictured on the cover but I won't post that picture as young children might see it on the forum and be terrified-LOL. Congrats Breezie and MM!! HH, Quindy.

My CW Relivs YTD=286

Attachments

• Q-Scout 4-2-12.jpg
    Q-Scout 4-2-12.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 99
  • img003.jpg
    img003.jpg
    727.5 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 1

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Way to go Quindy. Pretty nice finds considering how hot it is today. You said that there would be something there and it was. Tennessee digger

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You knew it was too Donnie as you had hunted the area. Pray for a hard rain where we can get those coils close to the ground. I took my foot to clear a spot to save some digging and a .69 ball rolled out-LOL. HH, Quindy.

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a great hunt! Way to go Q! :) Breezie

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am hoping to dig a piece of lead in the shape of Tennessee in honor of the Trio. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Buckles

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. HH, hamid.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG on your article and thanks for all the i.d. help you have given me and all of Tnet. Thanks, Q.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
With everything else the "Louisiana Legends" as dubbed by Nana have recovered, a Tenn. shaped piece of lead is not out of the question. HH, Q.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice Quindy. Y'all should do well in that camp. Keep us posted on your finds.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Quindy. I learned from the best. Besides, you have been on the front TWICE already, I think they were looking for someone a LOT younger for the front cover this time. :tongue3:
Can you please post those childhood quill pens for us so everyone can see how you got your start. :thumbsup:

-MM-
Your Yankee son

Attachments

• Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 81

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Quindy. I learned from the best. Besides, you have been on the front TWICE already, I think they were looking for someone a LOT younger for the front cover this time. :tongue3:
Can you please post those childhood quill pens for us so everyone can see how you got your start. :thumbsup:

-MM-
Your Yankee son
Quill pens :laughing7: clicked on the cover link and there he is , Kee Mo Sa Bee :o:o:o must admit Q , he is a bit terrifying but in a friendly way .. sort of like Shrek

dawg

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Randy, it has been hunted a lot before but we are accustomed to that. Congrats again in your id badge and making Banner. HH, Quindy.

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That MM is one scary dude Dawg. Thanks for stopping by. Breezie discovered if you go to "Settings", then "General Settings", and scroll down to the "Skin" options that if you set it to "Standard Treasurenet" that it looks like the old format we know well. HH, Q,

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....congrats and well deserved me bouy!
Leslie, I hope that you, Marie, and Navy Davy made it through the Winter OK. I suggewsted to Buckleboy recently that he send you a message as he had a question about a button he thinks came from Novia Scotia with the Acadsians and wound up on Louisiana. Looking forward to your posts my friend, Quindy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread