tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,057
- Reaction score
- 12,109
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to the middle school to clean up more of the hillside. Not a great spot, but there is always hope. I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 66 coins with a face value of $4.04, 2 vaping devices, a knife, a button, 3 pieces of a toy car, a zippo lighter, a shoe grommet, a Ford key, foil, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, 64 tabs and 5 pencil ends. The coins were decent, but nothing great on this trip.
DAY 2
I finally had a chance to get back to the scout camp and do some swingin. I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 doing the tent area of one site and a quick check of 2 non campsite areas. I found 113 coins with a face value of $12.19, 153 camp tent pegs, 3 rope tensioners, a neckerchief slide, a scout pin, a house key, a fishing lure, a dinosaur model, 7 tabs, melted aluminum from the campfires, and some foil.
The slide is a modern style probably lost several years ago. The pin is a Star Scout rank pin. They were originally given to the mothers of scouts as they advanced in rank. The scout got a patch for his uniform and mom got a pin to wear. Later scouts began to get them and wear them on hats or merit badge sashes.
The lure is a plastic type with metal inside. The model is a Jurassic Park stegosaurus model. It is in great shape for being down in the gravel on a walkway.
DAY 3
I got out to the far fields that produced the large cents and Spanish silver. Things are very dry everywhere so digging deep targets is tough.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $4.26, a knife, a flip phone, a round ball, a modern bullet, 2 pieces of jewelry, 2 pieces of toy car, aluminum bottle caps, foil, can slaw, whole aluminum cans and 43 tabs.
The round ball looks old. I have found a few civil war bullets here and other round balls. No way to tell for sure, but the oxidation level says old to me.
The knife was on the surface and may have been discarded. It is missing the bolt that holds the blade in place otherwise it is in new condition. I should be able to scrounge the bolt and make the knife usable.
The phone is a Samsung distributed by US Cellular. It was down 3 inches so probably lost a good while ago. It would make a good paperweight, but that’s all it is good for.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 2 amphibian friends at the scout camp. A red-backed salamander that was under the leaves and an eastern newt that was walking toward the lake.
I found 2 pennies on the floor at the store and a nickel and a penny in the coinstar.
Nothing really great this week, but the gas money was ok and I had some fun so all is good. Maybe I’ll do better next week. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
I went back to the middle school to clean up more of the hillside. Not a great spot, but there is always hope. I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 66 coins with a face value of $4.04, 2 vaping devices, a knife, a button, 3 pieces of a toy car, a zippo lighter, a shoe grommet, a Ford key, foil, aluminum bottle caps, can slaw, whole aluminum cans, 64 tabs and 5 pencil ends. The coins were decent, but nothing great on this trip.
DAY 2
I finally had a chance to get back to the scout camp and do some swingin. I spent 6 hours with the CZ21 doing the tent area of one site and a quick check of 2 non campsite areas. I found 113 coins with a face value of $12.19, 153 camp tent pegs, 3 rope tensioners, a neckerchief slide, a scout pin, a house key, a fishing lure, a dinosaur model, 7 tabs, melted aluminum from the campfires, and some foil.
The slide is a modern style probably lost several years ago. The pin is a Star Scout rank pin. They were originally given to the mothers of scouts as they advanced in rank. The scout got a patch for his uniform and mom got a pin to wear. Later scouts began to get them and wear them on hats or merit badge sashes.
The lure is a plastic type with metal inside. The model is a Jurassic Park stegosaurus model. It is in great shape for being down in the gravel on a walkway.
DAY 3
I got out to the far fields that produced the large cents and Spanish silver. Things are very dry everywhere so digging deep targets is tough.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 59 coins with a face value of $4.26, a knife, a flip phone, a round ball, a modern bullet, 2 pieces of jewelry, 2 pieces of toy car, aluminum bottle caps, foil, can slaw, whole aluminum cans and 43 tabs.
The round ball looks old. I have found a few civil war bullets here and other round balls. No way to tell for sure, but the oxidation level says old to me.
The knife was on the surface and may have been discarded. It is missing the bolt that holds the blade in place otherwise it is in new condition. I should be able to scrounge the bolt and make the knife usable.
The phone is a Samsung distributed by US Cellular. It was down 3 inches so probably lost a good while ago. It would make a good paperweight, but that’s all it is good for.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found 2 amphibian friends at the scout camp. A red-backed salamander that was under the leaves and an eastern newt that was walking toward the lake.
I found 2 pennies on the floor at the store and a nickel and a penny in the coinstar.
Nothing really great this week, but the gas money was ok and I had some fun so all is good. Maybe I’ll do better next week. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Upvote
12







