Had a Dandy of a Day Out Relic Hunting

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to a house built in the early 1800's today and had a blast. I think that there was some earlier activity here because I have found 18th and 19th century artifacts at this site.

FindsfromJuly6th.jpg

I found the lead hem weight and the item at the top left of the picture, which I believe to be the teeth from an old key, near the house. I was thrilled to find the hem weight because I had never found one before. After finding the weight and the key piece, I searched out in the horse pasture where I found the gorgeous dandy button, smaller tombac button, piece of buckshot and unknown piece of copper.

Close-ups of buttons

oldflatbuttonback.JPG

dandybutton.JPG

When I first pulled the dandy out of the dirt I thought "could it be a GW?" Although not a GW button, its still really nice and I am very happy with it.

Upvote 20

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice button! Something about that shade of green that raises my blood pressure..and as usual, I'm a huge sucker for anything old, unique and detailed. Awesome save, VT..Ddf.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds, congratulations!

Very nice button! :occasion14:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Save!!! Very cool button, congrats :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread