Had a GREAT day at the Park plus BONUS!!!

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well guys great day for me. Stay up all night doing work I’m a loan officer who works from home (perfect job for a detectorist and a insomniac) so I left my house at 5am knowing that sunrise wasn’t till 653 with an hour drive but with the Max I have a light I thought I’d try it out, plus I can’t sit still at home and the wife’s a late sleeper, so I’m off. I looked up some old photos of City Park and I saw where there were people taking photos at this particular spot by a tree. I recognize the spot but not the tree the tree wasn’t there anymore due to the hurricane in the late 50s. So I went to that spot and notice the indention and started swinging. It yielded me some green Wheats a 1915 D, a 1917 S, a 1919 and a 1919 S and 1 unidentifiable and a 1904 V nickel!! By now it a hour to get home and I’m exhausted so off I’m dreaming about getting in my bed when I thought of your mind as well go check out that spot that I found my barber dime and that nickel spill. Exhaustion lost and curiosity (greed) won. I found a INDIAN SPILL!!! A foot away from where I found the Barber dime I found 2 Indians!! Unbelievable I’ve only found two other Indians and that was 2 years ago. It was worse than my silver drought. I DID IT!!!! Thank you guys for giving me the opportunity to gloat and now I must go to bed with happy thoughts Thank you! What a day I was blessed.

Oh I almost forgot I found some teeth lol IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1255.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_1261.JPG IMG_1262.JPG IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1264.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 31

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SO THATS WERE I LOST MY DENTURES .NEET FINDS

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice coins! Well done Truth.

Those dentures make me cringe... icky!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You must have been dreaming of a chopper last night. :tongue3: Congrats on digging a hand full of keepers. :occasion14:

mk4125

Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent! There must be something about the mortgage business that has us out in the dark searching...I work from home as a Government Mortgage UW and prefer to hunt during the night..just more peaceful!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt ! I think those teeth would look cool carved into a pumpkin---:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent! There must be something about the mortgage business that has us out in the dark searching...I work from home as a Government Mortgage UW and prefer to hunt during the night..just more peaceful!

Underwriter you poor man! You got to deal with all those whiny loan officers. Remember Subprime wasn’t that the Wild Wild West. Lol Yes we need a lot of peace and downtime in our life.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, think you better go get a lottery ticket! Talk about being on a roll!

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice haul of finds there. And great job on the astute research you did on that old park. It paid off!!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, think you better go get a lottery ticket! Talk about being on a roll!

SD51 I don’t know what going on. I’m a park hunter 98% of the time unfortunately until I can get the nerve to door knock. It’s hell at the parks, but I’ve been killing it lately. Trying to finish out hard before the year is over. I’m smoking last years tally so far.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice haul of finds there. And great job on the astute research you did on that old park. It paid off!!!

It sure did Rooster I was a aha moment. I felt very smart at the time. I think those crime detective shows are rubbing off on noticing details. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions