What's new

Had a lousy night with Food Poisoning

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2014
Messages
8,891
Reaction score
13,500
Golden Thread
0
Location
mid western ARK
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was once again reminded about how awful food poisoning can be. Between the weekend and Monday, we ate at several places. Last evening, the ole gut began burning so I went to bed around 7. By 8, I was in full blown pain. You know, the kind that feels like your stomach was being cut with a cutting torch. I could not get comfortable for nothing and ended up sitting on the throne most of the night holding buckets.

Was at the VA clinic at 8am this morning before going to the local emergency room. (our local hospital is nothing more than a band aid station.) Anyways, by 11 I knew that I would survive and was released. Still very sore but at least I can sleep now. No idea for sure where I got it but food poisoning can really get your attention fast. I would rather be whipped than to throw up but with this, I quickly was wanting to. Food poisoning makes me nervous, 24 years ago, I was going through dry heaves from some mishandled chicken at a friend's cookout when I had my ruptured brain aneurysm. So they asked me what my pain level was from 0-10 and I told them 38!
 
Food poisoning can be miserable at the least and dangerous at the most. Hope you're feeling okay. If you can stand it, drink as much water as you can.
 
I've had days of suffering with salmonella - three days of not being able to even hold down water.

THE ADMIRAL (my wife) actually got the full blown C. botulinum food poisoning ( at a now out of business restaurant we suspect) and was sick as a dog for six months.

Since then she's never ordered her hamburgers "so rare they still moo" like she used to.
 
Last edited:
Got food poisoning once so bad that I had to go to the hospital. I got dangerously dehydrated from both end evacuation sickness. I started hyperventilating and rocking and hitting my head against the wall. My legs went straight out but I was sitting in a chair and my arms and hands were all contorted. I was in the waiting room for 3 hours. My brother showed up to see me in this state and went to them and was like "gee do you think you guys could look at my brother?" Then they fixed me. I swear I could have died in the waiting room if my brother hadn't walked in!
 
Last year my fiance' got some of McDonalds tainted lettuce in a salad. Those were a bad couple of days.
 
Well, still alive but still feel pretty lousy. haven't eaten anything at all in two days and don't plan to right now. The intense pain is gone but still feel like I just got stomped into the ground by the neighbors bull. Been drinking a little water here and there but mostly lying in bed all the time. I told my wife that this was my new weight loss program, you can literally see the pounds dropping before your very eyes....out your mouth and out your butt.
 
I hope you get to feeling better soon. There ain't no fun in what you're going through.
 
At least the toilet pipes got cleaned lol glad your feeling better if we didn't have the health dept checking places it would happen a lot more
 
Remember the tainted cilantro and the salmonella outbreak from Chipotle's Grill? They sourced the cilantro from Mexico. Turns out the field hands were using the field as an open toilet.
I rarely eat in Mexican restaurants anymore.
 
It is too bad that you really got sick. We all hope that you feel better real soon.
 
download (2).webp I saw two of the girls from the Chinese restaurant digging in the food lion dumpster.

they had two banana boxes full of veggies on the ground and were filling a third.

A buffet in the Richmond area was caught putting previously served food through the dishwasher, adding new sauce and then putting it back on the buffet .
 
Last edited:
I am of the opinion that food buffets are the lowest on my food options. I have seen too many kids coughing on and handling the food that sits out for hours.
 
View attachment 1747571 I saw two of the girls from the Chinese restaurant digging in the food lion dumpster.

they had two banana boxes full of veggies on the ground and were filling a third.

A buffet in the Richmond area was caught putting previously served food through the dishwasher, adding new sauce and then putting it back on the buffet .

Never, EVER eat at an Asian restaurant. My buddy rented a building out to 3 of them over the years and when they left he found rat bones in the grease cooker along with roaches and slime. They will reuse food that comes back and re-serve it. They will let food sit on the counter for days. When one of the places opened he had a feral cat problem. A month later no cats... He also found dog collars in the back room. I'm a chef and when preparing chicken or pork I make sure I wash everything down twice. A busy restaurant won't and that's how you get sick. A burger, chicken have to be at least 160* to be safe. There is no medium burger that hits that heat. Pork has to be 175* to be safe. If left over food isn't refrigerated to 36* it will spoil. After cooking for so many years I'm afraid to go out and eat....
 
Last edited:
I disagree. I have a favorite Thai and favorite Chinese restaurant locally. Neither are part of any chain. The woman/wife at the Thai restaurant is a hoot and we have a great time picking on each other.

One of my former employees was from a Vietnamese family and his folks had a HECK of a good restaurant. He used to bring in trays of spring rolls for office parties and they were fantastic.

If you saw the kitchen THE ADMIRAL keeps you wouldn't be afraid to venture out, either. ;-)

One the other hand, I've been in a few Kentucky Fried Chicken outlets that had me giving the hairy eyeball at just how many of the secret herbs and spices made it into the kitchen under their own power.
 
I am sick from reading # 15.Thanks for your information.
 
I think it depends upon the type of bacteria in question. I’ve developed food poisoning before in a just a couple hours but on the other hand (just a few weeks ago) developed it closer to 12 hours later.









Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.l.l
 
Last edited:
Sat in a bathroom for hours after indulging in a Chinese Restaurant Buffet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom