Had some luck

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
Finally got out of work enough to look for some roons and had a little luck yesterday.

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

This has to be the most screwed up roon year ever. I went out this AM and found only 1 out of 3 good spots. I left the camera in the car dummy me and came across this.

IMG_2279.jpg

I got insitu pic.s on my phone but don't have data trans. go figure. :-[ Headed North to look for roons in the morning.

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I love it when they're growing in clumps like that. And it's always nice to find a little extra in the mix like that blade. Is that an Adena?

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Well done Lee $40.00 a pound I heard on an Ag report (RFDTV)and a spotty year they said too ,looks like the poison ivy is up too.

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
go figure - fungi and flint in the same trip! ;D Nice job Lee! did you already pic one in the 2nd pic as there is a stump in the pic or were you grab happy ;D Nice point but the shrooms have to taste good too!

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
Great little haul there bud!

I've spent hours and hours the last two weeks hitting some unbelievably good looking spots and have to say, it's been my worst year ever for finding morels. Will try a few more times but with these rains in the fields I may just have to hit the open ground instead. ;D

JRuss

Mar 25, 2011
Nice spot for shrooms indeed. And a nice looking spear point too. Gotta love this time of year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread