Haleiwa Dig

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Went to a coworkers in-laws place in Haleiwa (Takahashi Family), I was told that the old Waialua Soda Works bottling factory was once on that sight. Saw tons of broken Waialua Soda Works bottles, hutchinsons, crowns, ACLs, ABMs and others scattered & buried all over the place. I noticed that most bottles had broken off tops. Were these broke intentionally, it appears to be. It was said that they even came with backhoes to dig.

I found one embossed bottle and this. Could this be what once was the pedal of the bottling table used by WSW?

Attachments

• MISC 003.JPG
    MISC 003.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 272
  • MISC 004.JPG
    MISC 004.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 278
  • MISC 005.JPG
    MISC 005.JPG
    204.1 KB · Views: 267
Howzit 808beginnerdigger,
not sure what that is but there is another site that you can post it on it's called what is it, that might help figure out what it is...what kine embossed bottle you found? Yah I heard about the old WSW dump, all bus up bottles...aloha 808Kaz

Here's the Malolo (with fish) I found yesterday and these two Pepsi I found today in ER Higgins Road. One of the Pepsi has faded ACL with "949s" under the Pepsi Logo in the back of the bottle. Does any one know if this is part of the year? Also both was bottled in New York.

Attachments

• 20100425_5.JPG
    20100425_5.JPG
    213.3 KB · Views: 260

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back