What's new

Half a Cannonball is Still a Cannonball!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for another vacation day of detecting. Hunted two sites for a total 5 hours. First site was where I've found the majority of my cannonballs and today did not disappoint. It's only half but it still counts! Also picked up a complete knee buckle and part of a navigation compass. Second site started finding the remains of an old steamer chest...no treasure...just hardware. Was a fun day!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432145563.879193.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432145222.475160.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 22
Half of something is always better then all of nothing
 
Can you post a close up of that buckle bud? Have you cleaned it
 
Nice little pile and yes the half cannon ball still counts…as I have a few now lol…found the same buckle years back too on an old french site….looks like tombac...
 
Last edited:
OH NO...

Romeo.. not another bar shot end ?
 
Great looking buckle! What the holed coin in the second photo? Good day of finding interesting things, and sometimes it's just good as finding the coinage.
 
I'd count a fragment of a cannonball since I have no cannonball at all.

Is that a Crotal bell you call hardware. Lol I found one today and it made my day.
 
Way to go there Romeo ,every time you post you have more neat finds to show. A piece of bar shot now that's is cool. Like the buckle and you seem to have a lantern piece to,vanzutphen
 
Nice looking buckle buddy. And another cannonball that's impressive. You never disappoint
 
Nice looking buckle buddy. And another cannonball that's impressive. You never disappoint

Thanks...the buckle is one of my favorites as I've never found this style still intact.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom