Hallmark on old ring?

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
JD; Thats a bit indistinct on my screen. Could you actually copy it on paper and post it. I am not likely to know what it is but you Have got me curious. A perpetual state by the way!LOL Fred

Upvote 0
OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fred its even harder to see in real life "ask Chiz"!! :) that close up of it is really exactly what it looks like. if you saw it in your hand you'd realize how good that pic of it is. The only thing is I dont know if its upsidedown or not.

Upvote 0

Fred

Apr 3, 2003
Princeton,BC,Canada
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Megan might be right about the marks that were on it as it does appear by the rounded edges to be well worn. Still in all,a very nice find. We are going to have a new guy in here shortly named "finder" who is local to ChrisinBC and myself,who has done fairly well and is quite experienced. Fred

Upvote 0

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
Yipper Fred... I looks like a "L . K" but the "." is very big and kinda looks like a crown. First thought was a jewlers mark, second was initials. Gonna show the pics to some friends in Va., one is a stone cutter, the other is a jewler, hopefully they can provide some insight..... Of course, any other insight is welcome!!!! lol

8)

Upvote 0

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still think their Tourmalines. Very common back that way, although there are Carolina Emeralds back there, but if these are emeralds, that would be a rare find indeed. Yes, Megan, go ahead, you can quote me and try and make a fool out of me like everybody else you deal with. It's ok, were all used to it by now. Don't forget to give us the scientific reason they are emeralds and the spot price of the gold based on todays Japanese market, adjusted for Grenwich Mean Time (and the chart too!), and the difference between a Tourmaline and an Emerald based on their crystal structure, and how only an Emerald would be able to fit in that precise a setting, etc., etc., etc. What do we need a jeweler for we have the famous "megan rose". Knower and seeer of all things. Doer deluxe.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread