What's new

Hammered coin poor condition help identify please??

leered1979

Greenie
Joined
Jul 27, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi people found this coin its very bent and in poor condition it very thin seems old and hammered. I have looked in my seaby coin book 1995 and cannot see anything quite like this. Is it possibly from a different country? Thanks for your help. HH Lee
 

Attachments

  • hammered poor cond foriegn maby.webp
    hammered poor cond foriegn maby.webp
    70.2 KB · Views: 486
  • hammered poor cond foriegn maby (2).webp
    hammered poor cond foriegn maby (2).webp
    79.8 KB · Views: 432
  • hammered poor cond foriegn maby (3).webp
    hammered poor cond foriegn maby (3).webp
    32.4 KB · Views: 391
  • hammered poor cond foriegn maby (4).webp
    hammered poor cond foriegn maby (4).webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 369
I think it might be a Jetton. I had one similar on Saturday :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Shaun u the man, Sweet as! Nice 1 bud! I think you are spot on. Thanks so much would of taken me ages to find that! Fanx man! :hello2: :icon_thumright: Happy hunting! Lee :)
 
Upvote 0
leered1979 said:
Shaun u the man, Sweet as! Nice 1 bud! I think you are spot on. Thanks so much would of taken me ages to find that! Fanx man! :hello2: :icon_thumright: Happy hunting! Lee :)



You're welcome Lee :-[

It was only because I went through them on Saturday and your one was the most similar to the one I got :-\

That is a good site though :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Was your one in good condition? Is it the same? maby we can compare pics? Where in the uk did you find yours? Im near colchester ish i want to do some rallys this year. HH Lee
 
Upvote 0
leered1979 said:
Was your one in good condition? Is it the same? maby we can compare pics? Where in the uk did you find yours? Im near colchester ish i want to do some rallys this year. HH Lee

These were mass produced in Germany, & they literately flooded the European market with millions of low priced examples. It put most UK & French factories out of business. Its kinda irrevant where it was found, as they are found most places in the UK & Europe. :icon_thumright: I do however, take it as an indicator find - meaning the field may produce hammered Silver.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info crusader i didnt know that they had literately flooded the European market. I havnt really seen loads of them like i see silver hammered coins. Learn somthing new every day! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
leered1979 said:
Thanks for the info crusader i didnt know that they had literately flooded the European market. I havnt really seen loads of them like i see silver hammered coins. Learn somthing new every day! :icon_thumleft:

Dad & I found 6 yesterday, only 2 hammered silver :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom