What's new

Hammered coin

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well it's been hammered. Found this coronet cent today and didn't have a clue what it was because of the shape.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0079.webp
    DSC_0079.webp
    197.7 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC_0080.webp
    DSC_0080.webp
    157 KB · Views: 134
  • DSC_0081.webp
    DSC_0081.webp
    144.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC_0082.webp
    DSC_0082.webp
    50 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 22
I have found a few old coppers like that where they stood them on edge and hammered them around the rim to make a lip.
 
That's something I've not found yet. Very nice one!!
 
That is really cool LC. You have to figure that someone "defaced" that coin over 150 years ago. Congrats on a cool find!
 
Cool Find!

I found this hammered square Indian Head a couple weeks ago.

20160121_201646.webp20160121_201724.webp
 
That's really cool!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom