What's new

Hammered In the Junk Patch

robfinds

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
3,531
Reaction score
4,422
Golden Thread
5
Location
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
5
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well things are slowly starting to move now. The farmers are at last harvesting. Went on a field yesterday, where the corn stubble had been dragged. This just disturbs the top couple of inch's of soil. Not perfect, but better than nothing. I've been on this field before, and I knew one edge was infested with iron. With other machines I tended to avoid this patch. Yesterday though I was armed with the Deus. Result three hammered silver coins.:laughing7: robert.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8462.webp
    IMG_8462.webp
    213.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_8463.webp
    IMG_8463.webp
    275.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8464.webp
    IMG_8464.webp
    278.9 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_8465.webp
    IMG_8465.webp
    208.7 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 44
That's a great coin harvest Rob. I just started with the deus and I too have been cutting through iron much better thank with my other machines. Congrats on your hammered and best of luck
 
That's a great coin harvest Rob. I just started with the deus and I too have been cutting through iron much better thank with my other machines. Congrats on your hammered and best of luck
Yes Scrappy, the Deus really works well in junky areas. Robert.
 
Always love a shortcross - congrats
 
Great job there!
 
Well things are slowly starting to move now. The farmers are at last harvesting. Went on a field yesterday, where the corn stubble had been dragged. This just disturbs the top couple of inch's of soil. Not perfect, but better than nothing. I've been on this field before, and I knew one edge was infested with iron. With other machines I tended to avoid this patch. Yesterday though I was armed with the Deus. Result three hammered silver coins.:laughing7: robert.
Here's the two best coins after a final clean. The large one is Henry II, 1180-89, minted by the moneyer Tvrkil at York. The small one is Henry III, 1216-47, minted by the moneyer Nichole at London. Robert
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8466.webp
    IMG_8466.webp
    255 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_8467.webp
    IMG_8467.webp
    323.5 KB · Views: 99
Wow those three are beautiful! Congratulations! Jackpot!
 
Here's the two best coins after a final clean. The large one is Henry II, 1180-89, minted by the moneyer Tvrkil at York. The small one is Henry III, 1216-47, minted by the moneyer Nichole at London. Robert
Henry II is a good find, I think.
Nichole in London seems he was busy, had a few of him.
 
Always nice to see Hammereds! Congrats Rob!
 
That is some sweet silver!
Congrats!
 
Very nice, Rob!! Love those short crosses!

Iowa Dale
 
Just beautiful hammereds, congrats to you.
 
Simply Beautiful. That Henry II is stunning.

Cheers,

Buck
 
Simply Beautiful. That Henry II is stunning.

Cheers,

Buck
Cheers Buck, yes the portrait on the Henry II is very nice. I've put it on ebay, I don't get attached to finds. Looking for the next one now.:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom