What's new

Hammered Silver Coin - Need ID

Pocket Change

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
369
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
Location
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
D-Tex Koin-King
Coin looks like its silver, weighs 0.8 gram. 17mm. Need Identification.
 

Attachments

  • hammered.webp
    hammered.webp
    123 KB · Views: 315
This is not be an exact match but it should give you an idea of date and where it came from...

"Italy, Bergamo, Commune, coinage in the name of Federick II (1236-85) silver Mezzo-Grosso, 1.21g, bust right, rev. church,
variety with pellet and star above (CNI.IV, 133), slightly uneven edge, very fine"

bergamo.webp


http://www.spink.com/auctions/pdf/7010.pdf
 
Upvote 0
I'd email the English, Crusader, or SilverSearcher, they seriously know all!
Carl
 
Upvote 0
I'd email the English, Crusader, or SilverSearcher, they seriously know all!
Carl

Affraid not, as its not British. I don't tend to study foreign stuff unless I find it.

The letters, I can sort of make out are as follows:

Obv:
+IM[??]EDCR[??]VS

Rev:
AGRMVM
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think Daroofa is right on with what he found. This one is a bit closer, still not exact, but it has to be in this area.

631856.jpg


CNG: Printed Auction CNG 63. ITALY, Bergamo. Comune (In the name of Frederick II). 1236-1285. AR Denaro Imperiale Scodellato (0.98 gm). Struck 1262-1285.


[TD="align: left"] Sale: CNG 63, Lot: 1856. Estimate $300.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 21 May 2003.
Sold For $210. This amount does not include the buyer’s fee.[/TD]
[TD="align: right"][/TD]

ITALY, Bergamo. Comune (In the name of Frederick II). 1236-1285. AR Denaro Imperiale Scodellato (0.98 gm). Struck 1262-1285. Laureate and draped bust of Frederick right; sceptre before / View of church with towers. Cf. CNI IV pg. 38, 78; Biaggi 354. Good VF, light porosity. ($300)
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom