What's new

Hand carved stone marbles

pvet7521

Full Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2010
Messages
121
Reaction score
34
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites, Aquapulse, Grometrics
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Can anyone tell me if they are familiar with a marble that looks like these. They appear to have knife marks .
 
many eary agate and stone marbles were cut by hand by grinding...many small facets were on the marble...
 
stone marbles

many eary agate and stone marbles were cut by hand by grinding...many small facets were on the marble...

I tried to post pictures, but obviously didnt get in, I also tried to send an email which I thought was sent but again not. If you send me a PM with email ill send again.
Phil
 
again attempt to send pictures IMG_5206.webpIMG_5205.webp
 
Look like clay marbles to me. By the way did you notice how big you can blow up that photo? Nice!
 
Last edited:
If they are clay, are they rare? and about how old would you think they are. Did you see the scrapings as if they were carved with a tool of some kind. I found them about 1 year apart in around the same spot. Thanks for your help
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom