What's new

Hand dug well location selections?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZumbroKid
  • Start date Start date
Z

ZumbroKid

Guest
Once i get to montana, i have to dig a well. Moma says so. I want to hit a good water flow the first shot. Any suggestions?
 
hey free, according to a couple skeptics on this site you should just be able to walk out, point to the ground, and dig there, as water is everywhere and you can't miss........personally i would employ an old school dowser.............gldhntr
 
were those skeptics ever known to make any judgement errors?
 
according to who, me or them ?...you probably know my answer either way......gldhntr
 
Hey Free..I think you should talk to your neighbors and find out about the water levels in your area. I bought a place one time that had a hand dig well and a drilled well on it. The first time I watered my lawns I was out of water for 10 hours. So much for the drilled well. The hand dug well would water the lawns and garden every other day. What always confused me was the fact that the hand dug well 15 feet deep produce almost as much water as the other well that was 120 feet deep....Art
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom