What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hand forged item found near old gold mines

Nathan W

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2023
Messages
3,461
Reaction score
10,862
Golden Thread
0
Found this near the mine pits at the back of church property. I haven't found any tools there but there's a good bit of iron patches.so I wanted to see what kind of mystery iron there was. Didn't know if this was mine related or regular horse things . Or trash
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9178.webp
    IMG_9178.webp
    2.1 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_9179.webp
    IMG_9179.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_9180.webp
    IMG_9180.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 85
Cool curl in the spike like item.

Think of the possibility of a hand forged spike that was too long. Driven through a timber and hitting a foundation rock.

That's my thoughts if I had dug it up.

2nd thoughts would be the curled end over a larger spike, and it was used as a drop bar for a gate, door type if thing.
 
Upvote 0
Cool curl in the spike like item.

Think of the possibility of a hand forged spike that was too long. Driven through a timber and hitting a foundation rock.

That's my thoughts if I had dug it up.

2nd thoughts would be the curled end over a larger spike, and it was used as a drop bar for a gate, door type if thing.
Interesting, I just thought what about it was hammered into something and maybe a candle was inserted ? Either way may never k ow what it was used for
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom