What's new

handle?

vibes

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
2,093
Reaction score
54
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I recently found this in a field by railroad tracks.

I can make out 4 CO and I think the other end there's something embossed/stamped but it could also be corrosion.

I don't know...so am hoping someone could help me out....Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0066.webp
    DSCF0066.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0067.webp
    DSCF0067.webp
    56.4 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF0062.webp
    DSCF0062.webp
    33.6 KB · Views: 183
  • DSCF0065.webp
    DSCF0065.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 174
You have found a wheel weight used to balance the wheels on your car. They come in many different sizes.
 
Upvote 0
vondrewvious said:
You have found a wheel weight used to balance the wheels on your car. They come in many different sizes.

Thank you!!!

And it figures I'd find something automotive related
 
Upvote 0
Yep, a tire weight. I've found several over the years. I wish there was a way to date them, but I haven't found a site as such. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
vondrewvious said:
You have found a wheel weight used to balance the wheels on your car. They come in many different sizes.
Yes I agree, you have found a larger than usual tire weight. Take a look at your care tires and you will see them. They use different sizes to balance the wheel at high speeds. Green check vibes? ;D


If you feel this is solved,

Go back to your original post,

Click on Modify,

Click on Message icon down arrow,

Click on Solved,

The Green Check will appear


Here is a photo tutorial to help you through that process. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,259097.0.html
 

Attachments

  • tire weight.webp
    tire weight.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0
Thanks much BigC.

Yep I'm confident it's solved....and have successfully marked post as such:)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom