Happy hunting

Athens

Apr 27, 2024
Good morning everyone, Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out much lately due to work.Im really excited though as I was able to go to my property in Maine,It has never been detected properly as my first time here detecting I had no idea how to use my machine.The property was settled in 1802 or earlier,5 different foundations huge walls where river had oarlocks to divert water though cut sluice way in rock.I have found many bottles here and have a lot of old iron tools and implements so I'm hoping for some great stuff,I'm also going to do my friends farm same time period and never been detected as well.I wanted to share my year to date iron finds from home.Happy hunt

Attachments

• IMG_20240519_153835661_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240519_153835661_HDR.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 54
Upvote 12
They sure used lots of oxen and had horses with small feet!
You'll have lots of fun on the 2 farms! Since they are small settlements and have never been hunted, I think it would be good for you to catalogue the finds by site. There might be historical value to such data and it is fun to do. I speak from experience in our area.

Well done. 👍 You can never have enough iron in your diet.
What detector do you use?
MM

You'll have lots of fun on the 2 farms! Since they are small settlements and have never been hunted, I think it would be good for you to catalogue the finds by site. There might be historical value to such data and it is fun to do. I speak from experience in our area.
I definitely plan on mapping out my finds,I'm excited to see what I can find.I love the historical aspect, I feel I get to have to hunts one for the objects and then the history so cool.I find it amazing.

I also thought that the horse shoe where small,my friend believes that they are mule shoes? IDK.They did use tons of oxen in my area for agricultural works,They would start training the oxen teams young hence the little guy shoes 😂

True,I use a Garrett at pro.I know it's not a professional machine,but I believe I do really good with it. I'm still learning for sure.
Nothing wrong with that detector at all. It’s a great machine. 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back