Happy Trails Update 11/28/06 ( Silver still Hot)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
My partner (Gary ) and I went back to the Happy Trails site today. Sure was a nice warm day today, looks like by the end of the week it will be getting colder and possibility of snow, Yeck!

Gary found a SLQ 1925 & two Washington Quarters 1932 & 1936, he also found four silver dimes all Roosevelt's 1946, 1957, 1958 & 1961. In the picture of all our finds is the token he found the other day. It is a Dr. Caldwells Syrup Pepsin Token good for a free bottle of syrup.

I found two Washington Quarters 1947 & 1950. I also found two Mercury dimes 1940 & 1943. As a Ringfinder should do, I found a silver ring and one junk ring. I forgot to put it in the picture, but I also found a 1944 P War Nickel.

I am also including in the pictures one of all our finds today, which includes the junk and trash we dug. I think we ended up with 12 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad money. The funny thing about some of the clad money, we dug them at around the same depth as the silver. Most of the ones we dug at 4 or 5 inches were 1961 or later memorial penny's. I guess many years from now they will be considered old coins if they last that long.

Thanks for viewing my post and hope you had a good day of metal detecting.

HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• detectors and dug items.jpg
    detectors and dug items.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 531
  • bottle opener.jpg
    bottle opener.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of Gary digging a signal. The edge of the coin can be seen in one of the
pictures. The other picture is him holding the SLQ, with his ACE 250 and SunRay Probe.

Attachments

• SLQ in hole.jpg
    SLQ in hole.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 524
  • Oh what a Lady.jpg
    Oh what a Lady.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 512
  • Gary holding Miss Liberty.jpg
    Gary holding Miss Liberty.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 508

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations Ringfinder more great finds from a great spot. Each one of your digs there seemed to exceed my entire silver dug collection of 7 coins. Great job and great digs.

Postalrevnant

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Ring! Those are some fantastic digs! Looks like you had a super day...thanks for sharing with everyone, Excellent pictures too. Keep up the good work and keep 'em coming!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
How many silver coins did you guys find at "Happy Trails" since you began there? It's got to be over 100.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zoyboy said:
How many silver coins did you guys find at "Happy Trails" since you began there? It's got to be over 100.

Not sure yet Zoyboy, we have to check our finds and I'll give you a tally when the season is over. I did count my silver the other day from the year and I had 80 some silver coins so far. We were out today at another site and I got some more. Will post those pictures tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Glad you like our Happy Trails site, WE DO! I know we have dug over $100 a piece in just clad coins from this area. I'll have the totals for the clad when I start cleaning them this winter.

HH<All , Ringfinder

T

TreasureTales

Another great post from you, ringfinder. You guys are having a hot streak on your hot spot. What a great site you have there. Hope the bad weather holds off long enough for you to return one more time this year.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
More sweet silver! ;D ;D

It does look like you dug your share of junk too.

4-5 inches - Is there a clay layer that is stopping the coins from sinking? A lot of sites we hunt here that is what happens - after about 30 years most of the coins all fall to the same level - where the clay line is. Clay stops them from sinking further. Some sites it is fairly deep(6-10").

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread