🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hard to contact Geologists maybe here?

oldbattleaxe

May 26, 2010
I have posted this topic on here before. There are always more someone that has more to add. The first is the very heavy stone that will slightly attract a hanging magnet. It will set off my metal detector. It was very hard to file on the edge of it. The result is that is shines like a new nickel. what I could get off from it was a little bit of grey to silver dust. The outer not filed surface has a very fine looking glitter to it. Scratched dark grey on a white piece of tile. Is there anything else I can do to identify it?

Attachments

• DSC04793.JPG
    DSC04793.JPG
    537.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC04799.JPG
    DSC04799.JPG
    427.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240221_120330.jpg
    20240221_120330.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 16

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted this topic on here before. There are always more someone that has more to add. The first is the very heavy stone that will slightly attract a hanging magnet. It will set off my metal detector. It was very hard to file on the edge of it. The result is that is shines like a new nickel. what I could get off from it was a little bit of grey to silver dust. The outer not filed surface has a very fine looking glitter to it. Scratched dark grey on a white piece of tile. Is there anything else I can do to identify it?
Could it be slag?
Here’s a post I had back in 2007. I thought I had a meteorite.

Good luck,
MM

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread