What's new

Hardstone Hoe

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me & my son went hunting today back in the field I hunted yesterday & I didn't find any good stuff just broken points! But he found this hard stone hoe it's pretty cool he also found a killer point but it was broke at the tip!
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    474.3 KB · Views: 156
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    502.4 KB · Views: 122
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    200.6 KB · Views: 136
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    222.9 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
Looks like a rock to me. If it was a hoe the working end would have phytolith gloss from chopping plant material. Any gloss on that rock? Gary
 
Yeah I thought it looked like a rock to me when he brought over for me to look at but you can see where they pecked it into shape up the sides the bit doesn't have no polish on it! I have found slate hoes before they do have polish on the bit!
 
I have a similar hoe or spade I found which doesnt have the polish on the bit I figured it just was never used enough to develop it, but I have no doubt as to what it is.
 
That field sure gave you some nice finds. One of the best I hunts i have seen in a while. Great insitus. Ever nail down the type on that one axe?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom