fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a stroll through the bottomlands, it has been 'uncut' since 1948 when the Corp of Engineers built a flood control dam, the trees are allowed to grow as they did before the white man started cutting them.
The only 'downside' is, the Eel's & paddlefish could no longer get upstream to spawn, but it has greatly benefited the other wildlife, we still have 'flying squirells' also.

Fossis..............

Attachments

• In The Deep Woods 005.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 005.JPG
    478.8 KB · Views: 428
  • In The Deep Woods 006.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 006.JPG
    442.5 KB · Views: 418
  • In The Deep Woods 003.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 003.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 425
  • In The Deep Woods 008.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 008.JPG
    335.8 KB · Views: 440
  • In The Deep Woods 010.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 010.JPG
    436.8 KB · Views: 416
  • In The Deep Woods 002.JPG
    In The Deep Woods 002.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Another Nature Walk 003.JPG
    Another Nature Walk 003.JPG
    404.1 KB · Views: 406
  • Another Nature Walk 002.JPG
    Another Nature Walk 002.JPG
    335.5 KB · Views: 393
  • Another Nature Walk 001.JPG
    Another Nature Walk 001.JPG
    259.5 KB · Views: 391
  • Another Nature Walk 005.JPG
    Another Nature Walk 005.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 381
  • Another Nature Walk 004.JPG
    Another Nature Walk 004.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 382
Great photos!! Thanks for sharing them with us....

Bran <><

godisnum1 said:
Great photos!! Thanks for sharing them with us....

Bran <><

Thanks, glad you enjoyed them.

Fossis..............

Once again Fossis, you bring us some outstanding photos from nature!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Chris

Fossis you could make a lot of money taking nature lovers on tours !!! Once again your photos deliver the best of nature, thats beauty goes unseen by most. I love the sculpture of the trees and the mushrooms > well your pics speak for themselves > Brilliant beautiful places !!! Thank you as always for sharing > Merry Christmas ,Margie

Thanks Margie, I have guided folks on 'fossil hunts', (Dallas-Ft. Worth Palentology club), & we also see a lot of scenery on our hunts, & I gave a talk to a local grade school on Rocks & Minerals.

Fossis............

seger98 said:
Once again Fossis, you bring us some outstanding photos from nature!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Chris

Thanks Chris, & a Merry Christmas to you & yours. :coffee2:

Fossis................

Totally enjoyed the walk fossis. Those are some great looking fungii. That's a pretty place.

ng

naturegirl said:
Totally enjoyed the walk fossis. Those are some great looking fungii. That's a pretty place.

ng

Glad to have you along.

Fossis..............

Hello, I'm new here but wanted to say great pic's. Also the mushroom with the pochetknife on it is a choice edible. I sautee in garlic butter and they are very good.

dumpdigger68 said:
Hello, I'm new here but wanted to say great pic's. Also the mushroom with the pochetknife on it is a choice edible. I sautee in garlic butter and they are very good.

Welcome to Treasure-Net dumpdigger, I may try me one of those later.

Fossis............

Welcome dumpdigger68, and Merry Christmas! Is the shaggy mushroom called Lion's Mane? And no, I will never eat mushroom i find growing, but I've had Lion';s mane at a restaurant, and I wondered where they grow wild.

naturegirl

That's a bears head tooth mushroom according to my books. I'm a novice mushroom collector but according to the experts it is rated the safest wild mushroom to eat, as there's nothing else that resembles it that will hurt ya. Naturegirl, yes it is also called lions mane and you can buy kits to grow them but expensive. My wife usually will not touch the shrooms I bring home but she did try one of these I found this fall and loved it, now if I could only find more. They are just another one of the treasures to be found in the woods. Merry Christmas to all.

No doubt they are a treasure, and I always mean to learn more about them. Now I have. Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you too.

ng

Thanks for the 'info' dumpdigger, we all teach & learn on this site. :thumbsup:

Fossis..............

Fossis...I had forgot about this thread and what a wonderful job that you do in sharing your hikes with us....Have a wonderful new year!....Steve

Okie Hillbillies said:
Hey Fossis Where are tho hardwood bottoms located anyway

I'll show you someday.

Fossis...........

stevesno said:
Fossis...I had forgot about this thread and what a wonderful job that you do in sharing your hikes with us....Have a wonderful new year!....Steve

Thanks Steve, & a HAPPY NEW YEAR to you also.

Fossis...............

Looks like you were after the mighty grey bushy tail tree critter. Beautiful thought out photos that we often just past by. Nice to see someone stopping and enjoying the beauty.
Great pictures. Thank you.
TnMountains

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back