$hare alleged KGC/Outlaw signs/symbols with/out absolute proof/ none required

Stoneside

Greenie
Feb 27, 2011
KGC? The X is 7' off the ground and the rest is 5'.

Attachments

• Beech Tree.jpg
    Beech Tree.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 2,765
  • Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 1,153
  • Beech Tree.jpg
    Beech Tree.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    Beech Tree November 14.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 931
  • X on Tree.jpg
    X on Tree.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 979

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Who knows..but some other associated marks make me think this is kgc. Chuckles.

Attachments

• IMG_6382kgcstyle.jpg
    IMG_6382kgcstyle.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,203
  • IMG_6384kgcstyle.jpg
    IMG_6384kgcstyle.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 976

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorfarm said:
i guess the kgc thread is dead here is tree mark looks like a cow at bottom of slash ?

Hmmm "Verry interesting"! :laughing9:

Attachments

• artie.jpg
    artie.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,040

gertie

Greenie
Apr 8, 2010
Poorfarm, I think there is no one answer to your question. Some hunters find items directly underneath the tree. Others detect the entire line of direction to the next sign, or spot check at 33 feet or 66 feet, ect. Someone else may say check as far out in inches and feet that the sign is from the ground. I believe it depends on the maker and the task he was intending to accomplish. I have not found one thing buried underground. That doesn't mean it isn't there, I just haven't found it. So far, distance and direction has been given at each sign I have interpreted...GL
I think patience is the most valuable tool you can have in your possession. I am always subject to being wrong tho...

What has worked for me in interpretation is to keep it simple. After working through all the possible scenarios I found the simplest produced results.

gertie

Greenie
Apr 8, 2010
Maybe we can breath some life into the thread.

Thank you Oddrock for starting this post. I have enjoyed it and have learned from all the posters.

Thank you Hoss..for all your pictures and posts. I can relate to many of the comments you have shared. I appreciate you sharing information when you didn't have to. It is always good to hear and learn from you.

Attachments

• stumpa.jpg
    stumpa.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 758
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Gertie

You're welcome and you are welcome to the thread too. I find the pic of the tree with the cable/wire exposed interesting. I have seen three trees woven together as a marker. Do have two trees woven together nearby? A third tree may form a triangle...it may be marked or have a grafted "eye" or sight hole. or maybe not :laughing9:

Oddrock

gertie

Greenie
Apr 8, 2010
Thank you Oddrock.

What you can't see from the pic is that there is a pair of these triple oak stumps, 6 ft apart. It fascinates me when I find clues they unwittingly left, that allow us to calculate the earliest possible date a site could have been created. I have found through research a person can sometimes narrow down a timeline to within a few years due to information available concerning development, improvement, patent, and discontinuance of items found at a site.

Gertie

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Found some nice precise carvings awhile back.

Oddrock

Attachments

• tb, ks, deer 010 (640x480) (2).jpg
    tb, ks, deer 010 (640x480) (2).jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 812
OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
treasurechest said:
What do you guys think all of that means?

TC,

I dont know. Oldest carved date in this area I found was 1700. The most seem to be 1859. The most recent were 1970ish by the turdskies that have to mark everything they find.
Open for debate.

Oddrock

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
Why not share signs/symbols that we think may be KGC/ Outlaw ETC with out arguing about which one they are....or are not? When we start the negative stuff we all lose! :laughing9: some one post one and I will also.

On bent trees....which line do you follow?
1. The way the Tree is pointing?
2. the opposite way tree is pointing?

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goverton

If it's only a trail sign...(to water or a campsite) you usually just pass on the side of the knee or elbo... and continue ...but when you need to find another marker it tends to be in the direction the bend points...always check that direction and also sometimes something is buried underneath the site to change direction or give direction. Depends on who made the last alteration...I guess....

Oddrock

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oddrock said:
Goverton

If it's only a trail sign...(to water or a campsite) you usually just pass on the side of the knee or elbo... and continue ...but when you need to find another marker it tends to be in the direction the bend points...always check that direction and also sometimes something is buried underneath the site to change direction or give direction. Depends on who made the last alteration...I guess....

Oddrock

It does point up a creek where there is an old rock crossing

OP
OP
oddrock

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goverton

In this example the trail goes almost directly underneath the "knee", and is showing the easiest foot trail to follow.

Oddrock

Attachments

• june 20 2010 055 (640x464).jpg
    june 20 2010 055 (640x464).jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 585

nicksiq

Greenie
Feb 21, 2008
We came across these symbols carved into rock. I hope the picture will show up ok. There is an arrow pointing to a cross or X. Then there is a sun in the middle. There there is a symbol we can not define then another arrow. At the bottom right there is an H and maybe a C. Down from there we think it is a P. We think it looks like some kind of map. Is there a way to tell how old this might be? There is nothing else carved into the rock anywhere else. Thanks!

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,083
  • map3.jpg
    map3.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,231

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: :wink: Gonna try... Go to the "4 Corners" area (in the American SW); follow the SUN from East to West; come to a trail, that LOOPS back; "HC" may have carved it, witnessed by "P". Sounds like a SPANISH Treasure... :dontknow: :wink:

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish you could have got a better pic of this or at least chalked in the lines
But I see a Heart, Snake

Attachments

• map2.jpg
    map2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,376

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread