What's new

Harrisonburg VA. anyone

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
My family will be vacationing there this summer.

Does any one here CRH in that area?

Mojo
 
Upvote 0
i HAVE HIT MANY OF THE SMALL TOWNS ALL OVER VA. COULD STILL HAVE LUCK THOUGH. ALWAYS WORTH A SHOT. GOOD LUCK.

-GOLDEN SILVER
 
Well, let's see, Harrisonburg is about 15 miles from the battle of New Market and Stonewall Jackson's last crossing of the Shenandoah valley. All up and down 81 is a good bet, as well as Routes 33 and 211. Just stay out of the National Forest. I have hiked through the G.W. National Forest many times, and there are plenty of earthworks there, but it's a no no for detecting. Good luck.
 
USMCLION, an answer to your question.. I live in Hampton Roads but I take many road trips around Virginia, NorthCarolina, Maryland and West Virginia. All to find Silver. You could say I am an addict. But I have found a lot of it and dont plan on stopping. I just found another good stash which I will post pics of. Take Care.

-Golden Silver
 
G.S.

I'm thinking about pulling a Cat and try and order some boxes in advance. Just cant do 20 boxes all at once!?

Is there any coin counting machines in any of the banks around Harrisonburg?

Thanks.. Mojo
 
mojo, what time frame will you and your family be out my way? Don't worry there is always more silver out there. Besides if you are coming from out of state what you should do is hit the small towns along the way.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
time frame will you and your family be out my way?
Golden Silver

Late Aug.

We will be driving but I don't know if my family is willing to put up with multiple CRH'g stops LOL.

Mojo
 
Mojo, Call ahead to the banks along your route. Estimate when you will need to make pit stops for gas or food etc. and then pic the best bank in each town. Not too much to put up with if you ask me. Look for navy federal credit unions. They have coin counters in the lobby. Northern Neck banks also have them but i am not sure of any others. If you call ahead you could ask. Hope that helps.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Mojo, Call ahead to the banks along your route. Estimate when you will need to make pit stops for gas or food etc. and then pic the best bank in each town. Not too much to put up with if you ask me. Look for navy federal credit unions. They have coin counters in the lobby. Northern Neck banks also have them but i am not sure of any others. If you call ahead you could ask. Hope that helps.

-Golden Silver

Thanks for the tip G.S.

Mojo
 
I live right off 95 and have been seriously considering making some road trips. Seems like each new bank I hit around here I get a few really good boxes from and then they dry back up to the norm. Need more banks I guess!!!
 
Where abouts on 95 do you live MCL? Are you up ther near quantico? I have hit S. va pretty hard. I am just now getting into searching boxes.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Look for navy federal credit unions. They have coin counters in the lobby.
Is there really a brick & morter NFCU???

I have been a member since 1969 and never once went in one of them. I always thought they were strictly a payroll deduction and mail bank. I was in the Navy back then and everyone had to join. I made my inital deposit and never added to it. I think the deposit was $25 I now have almost $150 don't you just love compond interest? :tongue3:

They only loose money on me. They have been mailing k-rap to me for 39 years. Bet that cost a bundle. :wink:
 
cyberdan said:
They only loose money on me. They have been mailing k-rap to me for 39 years. Bet that cost a bundle. :wink:
I have a buddy who has a bank that po'ed him about 20 years ago. His solution. He keeps $1 in the checking account. They send a monthly statement. Once every 2 years (that is there time limit for closing it with no activity) he deposits $10 then writes a $10 check to himself. How much do you think they are losing on him with 20 years of monthly paperwork? ;D
 
Yes I'm up around Quantico. I've just about worn the local area out, but there are lots of banks so I'll continue my search. Also, yes there are brick and mortar Navy Fed and Marine fed banks here and they all have coin counters.

H/H Ryan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom