What's new

Has anybody hunted old Ponchatrain Beach? Or can you?

craigsaaron

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Youngsville, LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
I'm from Lafayette, La. and had been years ago to Ponchatrain Beach. I know it is no longer their, but was wondering if it has been hunted, can it be hunted, or has it been hunted out?
 
Over the past 6 months I have hunted it twice. I found tons of blank ammunition from the reenactment of the D-Day beach landing. Other then that I did find a few coins the oldest dating back to 1940's.
 
nfunk said:
Over the past 6 months I have hunted it twice. I found tons of blank ammunition from the reenactment of the D-Day beach landing. Other then that I did find a few coins the oldest dating back to 1940's.

I remember that reenactment in 1994...that was an awesome thing to see!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom